Welcome to Southie

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:01 pm

Lou Roe wrote:It is good to see this story make it into the news. This type of shit happens in every city, the difference in Southie right now is that a good amount of the people moving there have no idea about it. They should have added a second part of the story featuring the drug addicts that wander the streets in the middle of the night.

Good points, Lou. People delude themselves into thinking they're safe because the neighborhood's "cute" and allegedly safe and they're paying way too much $ (and no parking!). But it, along with C-town, is still an inner-city n-hood at its core and with that comes foolish bullshit like what mcm described and Herald story. I've already seen this movie before now I get to live it out again. Most people get along, if not always pleasantly. These shitheads are the exception. It's always drunk teenagers. But somebody's gonna get fucked up real bad at some point. Then the cops will be there.

KW, just don't wear any Habs shit and you'll be fine.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Re: Welcome to Southie

Postby Giggles » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:44 pm

I signed a petition a couple years ago, then the nearest store jacked up their prices. I will not make that mistake again.

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/south_boston/2011/01/neighbors_oppose_proposed_sout.html?p1=Local_Links
Giggles
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Giggles wrote:I signed a petition a couple years ago, then the nearest store jacked up their prices. I will not make that mistake again.

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/south_boston/2011/01/neighbors_oppose_proposed_sout.html?p1=Local_Links

Globe comment. Haha at Payless comment.

Let's stop pretending that a package store invites a seedier element to the neighborhood than a Payless ShoeSource. In addition, prices are out of control at every liquor store in South Boston. A little old-fashioned competition will keep the store owners honest.

Also, if anyone is REALLY interested in cleaning up Broadway, let them start by patrolling the walks with a doodoo scooper.

Southie needs another packie like it needs more gangbangers in the projects.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Giggles » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:03 pm

Now who could have made that comment 8)

Also you'll be interested to know that the Globe will not allow the word "pooper" in its comment section.
Giggles
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:07 pm

Ha. I had zero clue. Just a funny/accurate comment.

The funny part is, there used to be dozens of more bars/packies there. Now one more is "too much".

That CVS is the worst CVS in the city.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Lou Roe » Tue May 10, 2011 10:58 pm

I know two guys who got jumped pretty bad, blackjacks and boots to the face, by 8 teenagers late Saturday night near i st/broadway. The police somehow found them drinking near a car on east 1st and arrested 5 of them, not the smartest criminals.
Lou Roe
Professional Bike Rider

Postby vtexposfan » Tue May 10, 2011 11:18 pm

One of those two is a friend of a friend and an employee at Whiskey Priest. I hope Conley throws the book at all these shitheads.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby Spencer Pratt » Tue May 10, 2011 11:26 pm

Were they robbed or just beat up for shits and giggles?
Spencer Pratt
PostDemPixls

Postby Lou Roe » Tue May 10, 2011 11:43 pm

I'm not really sure but I think it was just shits and giggles. There are a bunch of different stories going around but they were heard yelling the "you're not from southie" line. The 2 guys are big guys too so it's kind of weird that they would be targeted. It happened around 3am, the kids arrested were all 17 or 18. There were random similar beatings last year around the same time of year with teenagers targeting "yuppies" leaving the bars.
Lou Roe
Professional Bike Rider

Postby vtexposfan » Wed May 11, 2011 2:13 am

I frequent a bar on Broadway for karaoke. Perhaps now would be a good time for me to apply for a license to carry.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby B Luc » Wed May 11, 2011 9:18 am

Lou Roe wrote:I'm not really sure but I think it was just shits and giggles. There are a bunch of different stories going around but they were heard yelling the "you're not from southie" line. The 2 guys are big guys too so it's kind of weird that they would be targeted. It happened around 3am, the kids arrested were all 17 or 18. There were random similar beatings last year around the same time of year with teenagers targeting "yuppies" leaving the bars.

I'm somehow not surprised.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby B Luc » Wed May 11, 2011 9:18 am

vtexposfan wrote:I frequent a bar on Broadway for karaoke. Perhaps now would be a good time for me to apply for a license to carry.

Most frightening thing you've ever posted.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Wed May 11, 2011 1:22 pm

It's the same "no outsiders!" attitude C'town and North End displayed 25 years ago. Unfortunately, now it's SB's "turn" to have a handful of dopes pull this shit.

The funny part is, a big reason for all of the change is SB people cashing out or cashing in (i.e. Jackie Rooney).

Ignorance isn't always bliss.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby tballa55 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:28 pm

rearadmiral wrote:It's the same "no outsiders!" attitude C'town and North End displayed 25 years ago. Unfortunately, now it's SB's "turn" to have a handful of dopes pull this shit.

umm hasn't that always been SB's attitude too?

i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Wed May 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Not even close to the same thing.

Pretty much the whole city was against forced busing. And history proved them correct.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

PreviousNext

Return to Misc