Telegraph Hill Kitchen and Bar

Suggestions on where to eat!

Telegraph Hill Kitchen and Bar

Postby Boston » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:03 pm

how is this place rearad?

Telegraph Hill Kitchen and Bar Opens in South Boston
A new restaurant and pub has just opened in the Andrew Square section of South Boston.

According to their website, Telegraph Hill Kitchen & Bar is now open on Dorchester Street, just east of the Old Colony Avenue intersection in the space where Mullins Tavern used to be. Based on photos posted onto their Facebook page, it appears that Telegraph Hill Kitchen & Bar has a mix of bar seating and high top bar tables, along with a jukebox and a number of TVs along the walls. The Thrillist and Yelp sites mention that the restaurant features such dishes as a Caesar salad, burgers, macaroni and cheese with prosciutto, battered cod, and po' boys, as well as more than 30 beer options
Boston
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:34 pm

Haven't been in yet. It used to be one of those holes-in-the-wall you'd drive by with banged up people smoking out front. But it got sold and new owners blew out the windows and did it over. And it's not Andrew Square either, it's right around block from the Stadium. Kind of a weird spot.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby mcm » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:40 pm

I used to rent my movies from the Blockbuster near there (I think its near there?) next to Deangelos.
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby midd » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:50 pm

great view of the OC projects for the patrons lucky enough to get window seats. Plus, you can watch your own car get broken into.

East side >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> West side>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Andrew Sq/Dot Street
midd
PostDemPixls

Postby Spencer Pratt » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:33 pm

Southie sucks in general

Parking food public trans douchebags bars

blow that place up
Spencer Pratt
PostDemPixls

Postby tballa55 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:16 pm

mcm wrote:I used to rent my movies from the Blockbuster near there (I think its near there?) next to Deangelos.

I use to live across the street in the big yellow house, only thing good about living there was getting 30 packs delivered first thing in the morning while we were just starting to run out.
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby Pokey Reese » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:32 pm

rearadmiral wrote:Haven't been in yet. It used to be one of those holes-in-the-wall you'd drive by with banged up people smoking out front. But it got sold and new owners blew out the windows and did it over. And it's not Andrew Square either, it's right around block from the Stadium. Kind of a weird spot.

I live right next to this place. The old place had no signs, nothing to even indicate it was an operating bar. Sketchiest bar in Southie (and thats saying something). New place looks pretty nice inside but I haven't been. The location DOES suck though. The Stadium is always a ghost town right next to it. Everyone is up on Broadway
Pokey Reese
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby rearadmiral » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:29 pm

midd wrote:great view of the OC projects for the patrons lucky enough to get window seats. Plus, you can watch your own car get broken into.

East side >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> West side>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Andrew Sq/Dot Street

Kind of a stretch considering Dot St. goes down to East First.

Pokey, new owners are good guys, I hear. But overcoming that spot is gonna be tough. You must be sick of Alfredo's by now.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Spencer Pratt » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:03 pm

Alfredo's is the only decent take out place over there, and its pretty much average.
Spencer Pratt
PostDemPixls

Postby mcm » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:38 pm

I used to get side orders of meatballs, chicken parm, and eggplant and they were like 2.95 a piece and they would give you a ton and also throw in a bunch of bread. Could get 3 meals out of it for like $10. Their pizza sucked though. I used to wish they were open later. I think they close at 10.
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby midd » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:41 pm

rearadmiral wrote:
midd wrote:great view of the OC projects for the patrons lucky enough to get window seats. Plus, you can watch your own car get broken into.

Kind of a stretch considering Dot St. goes down to East First.

people that live on the little stretch that runs through perkins square to E 1st get to decide which side to ally themselves with.

my point stands. give me E broadway between L & Farragut and Farragut/Columbia n'hood over anywhere else. maybe a block or two of K street can compare, but that's it. East side dominates.

City Point 4 life
midd
PostDemPixls

Return to Restaurant Reviews