Random Observations V.2

Only stories pertaining to work

Postby tballa55 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:55 pm

no they should give you something for getting them a job.
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby Giggles » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:13 pm

Huh? Why in the world would you give them a cut of your referral bonus?
Giggles
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby HuskyBlue » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:24 pm

I've had two friends get handed $200-300 by the guy who referred them since I started working. I wasn't sure if it was some weird adult tipping rule that I had never heard of. Like tipping the mailman at Christmas.
Why don't you get some facts and get back to me. My best advice to you is shut up.
HuskyBlue
Alt-Tab Master

Postby tballa55 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:27 pm

tballa55 wrote:no they should give you something for getting them a job.

fuck that make that person you got the job for take you out to Grille 23 and order 2 of everything.
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby AY » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:07 pm

0% and not a penny more, and it is non-negotiable.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY

Postby MCA » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:48 pm

HuskyBlue wrote:I've had two friends get handed $200-300 by the guy who referred them since I started working. I wasn't sure if it was some weird adult tipping rule that I had never heard of. Like tipping the mailman at Christmas.

Am I the only one reading this "referral" question and not being able to figure out what exactly is being referred?

I mean, to say "if you refer someone and get a bonus" what the fuck does that actually mean? That you got them a job at your place and got a bonus for it?
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Boston » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:14 pm

if someone says "hey put my name down on the application if you apply", and you get hired, you give them 50% of the bonus.
Boston
Title Town

Postby AY » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:31 pm

MCA wrote:
HuskyBlue wrote:I've had two friends get handed $200-300 by the guy who referred them since I started working. I wasn't sure if it was some weird adult tipping rule that I had never heard of. Like tipping the mailman at Christmas.

Am I the only one reading this "referral" question and not being able to figure out what exactly is being referred?

I mean, to say "if you refer someone and get a bonus" what the fuck does that actually mean? That you got them a job at your place and got a bonus for it?

Yep. I racked up several $1,000-$1,500 referral bonuses while at T-Mobile, with a few $500 checks sprinkled in for good measure.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
AY

Postby AY » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:33 pm

Boston wrote:if someone says "hey put my name down on the application if you apply", and you get hired, you give them 50% of the bonus.

Absolutely not. Why?

First of all, I'm not allowing any Joe Blow to put my name down as a reference. If my name is attached, it is going to be for someone solid and I'm going to go to bat for them, i.e., put my rep on the line.

They get their reward when they get the job. I wouldn't expect anything in return if the roles were reversed.
AY

Postby HuskyBlue » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:13 pm

MCA wrote:

If I submit a friends resume, they will give me a bonus if that person is hired and stays at the company for 6 months.
Why don't you get some facts and get back to me. My best advice to you is shut up.
HuskyBlue
Alt-Tab Master

Postby lloyd christmas » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:40 am

HuskyBlue wrote:
MCA wrote:

If I submit a friends resume, they will give me a bonus if that person is hired and stays at the company for 6 months.

you must be in fund accounting.
Tic-Tac, Sir?
lloyd christmas
Professional Bike Rider

Postby MCA » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:28 am

Husky there are a million types of referrals in the business world. Be more specific next time.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Boston » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:03 am

this is what I was picturing in the first place.

just seems like money both of you wouldn't have had otherwise, if the referring person wasn't there in the first place, so why not?

it's like tribute

Boston
Title Town

Postby B Luc » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:12 am

Your referal got the guy a gig. Why the fuck should he get a piece of your cut for putting your name/rep on the line? GTFOOH
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby Giggles » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:13 am

Agreed ^^^.
Giggles

PreviousNext

Return to Cube Life