College Football 2011

For all non-Boston, non-gambling sports chatter

Re: College Football 2011

Postby DC » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:43 am

it might be uconn, it might be... but once again i ask

Have we not learned anything from Nixon?

Its the coverup, not the crime that gets you
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby AY » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:17 pm

UconnBuckeye wrote:Not sure any of the season will be vacated, but DC is the voice of reason about the bowl game. Love AY's holyer than thou approach to this. Like Bama wasn't hammered by the NCAA in his lifetime.

I still stand by this whole thing is stupid, I mean they sold THEIR stuff. It's their stuff.

I agree the violation is stupid but skipping the bowl game and starting it next year was even dumber. Its no different than the textbook deal at Bama in all honesty. Both were bogus.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby DC » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:45 am

next time a nd fan trys to tell you about higher standards remind them they dont follow their own rules when the player can ball.. discipline book spells out semester suspension..floyd not even missing 1 game lol...not saying other schools would not have done same thing they would have..but nd likes you to believe they aren't other teams

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6313437
Last edited by DC on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby PhillyandBCEagles » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:26 am

DC wrote:next time a nd fan trys to tell you about hire standards remind them they dont follow their own rules when the player can ball.. discipline book spells out semester suspension..floyd not even missing 1 game lol...not saying other schools would not have done same hing they would have..but nd likes you to believe they aren't other teams

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6313437

This is awesome. A few years ago BC had a backup TE, Jon Loyte, who had transferred from Vanderbilt. His freshman or sophomore year, while still at Vandy, he had gone up to ND to visit some friends and ended up getting cited for underage drinking and apparently told never to return to ND. A few years later, ND lets it be known a few days before BC is to play out there that if Loyte sets foot on their hallowed campus to play in the game he will be arrested for trespassing (this was Matt Ryan's senior year, BC was undefeated at the time and ran a lot of 2-TE sets that year so while Loyte was a backup it's not like he was a guy who never got on the field). IIRC BC ended up holding him out of the trip, in retrospect we should've taken advantage of the opportunity to embarass ND nationally.

What an absolute joke that sewer of a program is (I had completely forgotten about the incident with Loyte until someone brought it up today on the BC Rivals board).
SS wrote:any event that makes PhillyBC look like a genius is nothing short of catastrophic and embarrassing.

CFB YTD 10-7-1
PhillyandBCEagles

Postby DC » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:56 pm

LSU/Oregon gets the 8 pm ABC slot for Sept 3 now official

boise/georgia either espn around same time or hopefully earlier
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby DB » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:41 am

It seems like OU is the overwhelming favorite by most publications heading into next season (and rightfully so I guess)

After OU I'd say there are a handful of teams that could all seem to be in the 2-5 range.

In no particular order
Bama gets its 2 toughest games at home (LSU/Ark) and oustide of a trip to Starkvegas shouldn't have any issues heading into the Iron bowl
LSU 18 starters back but the QB play remains a question for me. With Oregon and 2 tough SEC road games (Bama/MST) I don't see them running the table but a win in TTown could put them in SECCG and in position for a BCS Title game.
Stanford - If Harbaugh were still coaching they would be a lock for top 5 preseason. I think now they fall back to the 6-10 range but still very dangerous
FSU - Should be one of the better FSU teams in years on paper. OU at home early will be a struggle but they avoid VT, GT, and UNC in ACC play so there is no reason they shouldn't be playing in ACCCG and likely a BCS game
Boise loses 2 huge weapons at WR and a lot on defense but Kellen Moore could very well lead them to another 11 win season. If they can get past UGA in week 1 they'll put themselves in another position to run the table
Oregon loses a ton but return LmJ and Deron Thomas. Facing a very good LSU team Labor Wknd is a tough task for a team with a ton of new starters.

Formal preview coming in a few weeks (before Steele)
80% of the globe is covered by water. The rest is covered by Albert Louis Jean
DB
Alt-Tab Master

Postby DC » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:20 pm

I know people hate to talk big east here but coming off games with oregon and sec opener at moo st that trip to morgantown won't be easy for les miles and the bayou bengals
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby DB » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:33 pm

DC wrote:I know people hate to talk big east here but coming off games with oregon and sec opener at moo st that trip to morgantown won't be easy for les miles and the bayou bengals

Bill Stewart may be the only opposing coach Lesticles can outcoach during a game
80% of the globe is covered by water. The rest is covered by Albert Louis Jean
DB
Alt-Tab Master

Postby UconnBuckeye » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:54 pm

Gardner is starting QB before the end of the year at UM.

tOSU qb race this spring has been tough to gage by all account. Kent Grahams son has played well and has really made himself a real option for the first five games. But Millers playmaking ability has drawn rave reviews. I am worried about the WR's.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby KW » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:26 pm

DB wrote:
DC wrote:I know people hate to talk big east here but coming off games with oregon and sec opener at moo st that trip to morgantown won't be easy for les miles and the bayou bengals

Bill Stewart may be the only opposing coach Lesticles can outcoach during a game

Stewart is like JoePa, he's not making any decisions during games this year.
I'm havin a good time, Jacques Martin's tryin to ruin it.
KW
Title Town

Postby MCA » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:50 am

If Bama could combine McCarron's touch outside the #'s to Sims talent of hitting the windows inside the #'s, they'd have a perfect quarterback.

Initial gut after half of yesterdays game was Sims is the safest pick, but McCarron throws balls to the outside way too well and he's my hope to start for Bama.

This is setting up to be very much like the team that won the national title 2 years ago. Linebackers and DB's are absolute superstars and sickly deep. Trent and Lacy are solid up the middle, and De Hart is GROSS. He will absolutely be a factor this year as a true frosh.

Only concern is that Dre has a little too much "#24" in him. AY and DC will know what I mean.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby AY » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:09 am

I know exactly what you mean, but it clicked for him his senior year. Maybe it will click for Dre this fall.

I watched the first half of the A-Day game last night and was thinking basically the exact same thing about the QB battle. A.J. was money on a couple of fades he threw(and don't forget his winning TD pass in last year's A-day game), but Sims could thread the needle inside. What a quick release he has as well. I almost get the feeling the coaches are trying to be convinced not to start Sims, they like him that much even though A.J. has an extra year in the system. I was dozing off about the time Blake Sims came in, and like I said didn't see any of the 2nd half yet so I don't know if he did anything. I do know they plan on putting him out on the field this fall.

What more can be said about the RB's? We know TR is a stud, anyone who watched Bama last year knows Lacy is a freak(who needs to protect the ball better) and Dee Hart will likely see 5-7 touches a game in some capacity and is a threat to hit a HR anytime he has the ball. Plus, Jalston Fowler is a hoss and will be great to come in at times after the others have worn a defense down, then see that big guy coming at them. He's a spirit breaker.

Hightower is 100%, and it is becoming more obvious he wasn't last year. Upshaw is Upshaw. The defense is incredible, outside of the front three, but there is time to work that out.

I thought Barret Jones did a decent job at LT yesterday. As discussed with MCA and DC, Aaron Douglas isn't the lock to start there as expected. The kid's head just isn't screwed on straight. Personally, I think Jones is playing there to provide depth and will end up back at guard, with the position Cyrus' to lose when he arrives on campus.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
AY

Postby AY » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:03 am

Totally forgot about Corey Grant.

.....loaded
AY

Postby UconnBuckeye » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:24 pm

The high winds sneaking up on ND has to be the biggest crock of shit.

Weren't the high winds in Chicago that week pretty much a national story?
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby DC » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:47 pm

bobby lowder reappointed to the barns board of trustees..
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports