College Hoops

For all non-Boston, non-gambling sports chatter

Re: College Hoops

Postby mcm » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:04 pm

DC wrote:2 weeks ago someone posted who does cbs want in final 4.. i gave my opinion and malone posted several times saying i was wrong.. i kept saying lets see game without duke but with butler it happened and rating was a lot lower.. im not commenting on what i thought of two teams and agree conn run was amazing.. this is a message board.. people debate and if someone is proven dead wrong its not uncommon for other to post proof!

lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby vtexposfan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:09 pm

KW wrote: strange calls

You're right about that. That Pitt 2nd round game was a disgrace, and a reminder of why I despise basketball officiating. Just such an arbitrary sport sometimes.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby UconnBuckeye » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:10 pm

KW wrote:This UConn team isn't winning a title.....and I know the Cuse isn't winning so I'll save you the reply.

From Feb. 2nd after I pointed out what happened the last time UConn lost at home to the Cuse

Its crazy to think a month ago at this time they looked completely pathetic against ND at home.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby DC » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:12 pm

I have given up my fanship to NC st.. pack hires Mark Gottfried ex bama coach before a. grant .. Somewhere Jimmy V is crying
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby K-G » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:19 pm

vtexposfan wrote:
KW wrote: strange calls

You're right about that. That Pitt 2nd round game was a disgrace, and a reminder of why I despise basketball officiating. Just such an arbitrary sport sometimes.

How the hell was this an example of bad officiating? They got both calls at the end of the Pitt game completely right. Shitty way to end and complete stupidity but wtf did you want the officials to do about it??

And I'm sure the ratings differences had nothing to do with one game being one of the best title games ever and the other being the worst title game ever.
lugnutz wrote:See as I have explained before I never had to take English in high school or college....others did it for me. So I my writing skills are lacking.
K-G
PostDemPixls

Postby UconnBuckeye » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:27 pm

DC wrote:I'll call it now... uconn does not make second weekend..

5 w's in 5 days is sick though

Another gem :wink:
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby DC » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:41 pm

UconnBuckeye wrote:
DC wrote:I'll call it now... uconn does not make second weekend..

5 w's in 5 days is sick though

Another gem :wink:

i rarely start following college hoops before late feb not my strongest prediction right there lol
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby UconnBuckeye » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Gary Williams doing what Gary Williams does best.

Yow decides to play hardball.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby UconnBuckeye » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:01 pm

In the middle of his speech Kemba Walkers spot was revealed in Husky ring of honor.....

CHILLS
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby AY » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:21 pm

M.S.83 wrote:
AY wrote:
Mk wrote:Who made more money in the last month Kemba or Shaka?

Tough call, but I do know this kid racked up $440>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You were shitting your pants at halftime just like i was :lol:

Ass was somewhat puckered, but I knew I had 200 regardless.

I'm more pissed that I considered hammering the under and I laid off. I know, SolidGoldAY, but it is true!
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby Mk » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Careful AY....that would actually be known as an "scal-loss"*

You want to play a game but you don't and it hits. Conversely an "scal-win"* would be a game you want to play, but don't and it loses.

*a "scal-loss"? I've always said s-cal" when reading former poster scal's posts.

And lugnapz and expos, we're gonna need you morons to go ahead and focus your efforts in Misc and below.
Chris Broussard wannabe
Mk
Title Town

Postby AY » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:05 pm

Thanks for clarifying the use of the article "an". I've always pronounced it in a way such as the article "a" would precede the name.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
AY

Postby AY » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:16 pm

Connecticut received 30 of 31 first-place votes in the final ESPN/USA Today coaches' poll, released a day after the Huskies defeated Butler to win their third NCAA championship under coach Jim Calhoun.

Ohio State, which was knocked out by eventual regional champion Kentucky in the Sweet 16, received the lone remaining first-place vote.

The 31 Division I coaches voting in the poll are not obligated to vote for the NCAA tournament champion as No. 1 on the final ballot of the season. In a USA Today online report Tuesday, Northern Arizona coach Mike Adras told the newspaper he gave his No. 1 vote to the Buckeyes.

Adras said he also put Kansas No. 2 before voting for UConn third on his ballot.

"I voted for who I thought was the best team in the country based on the entire body of work during the season," Adras told USA Today. "I believe it is Ohio State. I want to congratulate Connecticut for winning the NCAA tournament. They deserved it."

:roll:
AY

Postby mcm » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:48 pm

always one "look at me" asshole in every type of poll
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby DC » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:58 pm

UconnBuckeye wrote:Gary Williams doing what Gary Williams does best.

Yow decides to play hardball.

You would think that ass would realize his program has some issues rather than be keeping grudges with the ex ad... props to Yow for calling him out
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports