College Hoops

For all non-Boston, non-gambling sports chatter

Re: College Hoops

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:53 am

AY wrote:Greatest post season run in NCAA history? UConn was barely in the field of 64 then went on to win 5 in a row to win the Big East and then 6 more to win it all. Other teams have done it, but considering where they were headed into the Big East tourney this was a helluva run and has to rank amongst the best runs ever.

Hey, send me your address, I'll mail you the 20 I haven't sent to SS yet.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby M.S.83 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:37 am

AY wrote:
Mk wrote:Who made more money in the last month Kemba or Shaka?

Tough call, but I do know this kid racked up $440>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You were shitting your pants at halftime just like i was :lol:
M.S.83
Professional Bike Rider

Postby KW » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:19 am

Mk wrote:If there's one thing a deeper line could do is that all these 6'8" - 6'10" guys who think they're shooters might stop shooting threes and learn to play with their back to the basket where they belong but that probably won't happen.

Absolutely.

It's too bad such a great tourney had such an awful final game.

Looks like Frank Martin to the U. I guess he's tired of coaching in a place where they actually fill the arena more than 1/2 of capacity.
I'm havin a good time, Jacques Martin's tryin to ruin it.
KW
Title Town

Postby mcm » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:23 am

where is Champs990411?

3 in 12 = not bad

could have easily won '06 and '09 as well
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby vtexposfan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:25 am

KW wrote:It's too bad such a great tourney had such an awful final game.

Great? I don't know about you, but this tourney bored the piss out of me.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby chiefteam » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:47 am

havent they all?
chiefteam
Alt-Tab Master

Postby vtexposfan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:07 pm

Seemed like a lot of blowout games and not enough Thursday/Friday upsets to pique my interest.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby UconnBuckeye » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:09 pm

Champs9904 fell off the face of the earth a long time ago. I sent him a message back in 09 i wanna say and it still shows he never looked at it.

Hope Lamb sticks around. Also was hearing before Katz posted it that UConn may push to get Drummond in this year. Drummond's coach is a weird dude, from what I understand. Some think he can actually challenge the NBA and skip college if he stays in school another year through some weird loophole that he will be 19, and technically he was doing a PG year.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby mcm » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:21 pm

sounds like Lamb has a solid family and doesn't need the $$. He would be very late first at best IMO
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby UconnBuckeye » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:28 pm

your right MCM Ford tweeted last night that this month he went from not even in top 100 to first round if he came out. One site has him top 10 in 2012 draft.

I think he should and will stay.
Boise St. = THE SUCK
UconnBuckeye
Alt-Tab Master

Postby KW » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:22 pm

vtexposfan wrote:Seemed like a lot of blowout games and not enough Thursday/Friday upsets to pique my interest.

Of the 4 teams to end up in the FF, two won their opening games by a basket with under 10 seconds to play and another actually had to play their way into the tourney.

No #1 or #2s made the FF, so there were plenty of upsets, close finishes, strange calls, and outstanding individual performances (in wins and losses). This tournament as a whole was outstanding....and that's coming from someone who lost all rooting interest by the end of the 1st weekend.
I'm havin a good time, Jacques Martin's tryin to ruin it.
KW
Title Town

Postby DC » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:18 pm

DC wrote:thank you uconn.. here is what malone does not get... we will watch to see if an underdog can beat a duke or bigtime power but we are not watching because of the dog we are watching becuase of the other team.. prove of that is if two major powers say duke/uk play the ratings will be great but if butler/vcu play the rating i predict will suck... without duke butler does not draw.. without butler duke does... i mean there is a reason horizon and colonial games arent on espn every week....

yeah duke is like the cowboys, yankees, lakers.. people hate them or love them they draw a higher rating.. i am not a duke fan cant stand them but im not naive enough to pretend they don't mean higher ratings..

again will be interesting to see how butler/vcu does compared to butler/mich st in early slot last year...

also if butler win and plays say uconn how that will matchup to the duke game

well rating is in and the title game was 17% DOWN from last years title game with DUKE!

The 2011 NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship game between Butler and Connecticut averaged a 13.3 overnight rating, down 17 percent from last year’s 16.0 for the Bulldogs vs. Duke

Go get your fucking shinebox Malone!
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby Lou Roe » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:35 pm

Who gives a shit about ratings? It sucks that the casual fan probably tuned in last night and saw that type of performance from Butler. I'm not a Uconn fan but have to admit that the 11 game run is one of the most impressive runs ever, but at the same time the Butler 2 year run to the finals is also one of the most impressive runs ever. The haters will say they lost the most meaningful game both years, but how many schools were able to accomplish what they did? Especially as a 5 and 8 seed and they lost a lottery draft pick. I really hope Stevens is a man of his word and stays at Butler. Mack and Howard were the 2 core players in both runs and I really hope their legacy is not tarnished by one bad shooting performance.
Lou Roe
Professional Bike Rider

Postby DC » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:58 pm

2 weeks ago someone posted who does cbs want in final 4.. i gave my opinion and malone posted several times saying i was wrong.. i kept saying lets see game without duke but with butler it happened and rating was a lot lower.. im not commenting on what i thought of two teams and agree conn run was amazing.. this is a message board.. people debate and if someone is proven dead wrong its not uncommon for other to post proof!
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby lugnutz » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:02 pm

920 start played into this for sure though. Not sure if its been discussed here yet or not but that start time sucked balls.

Enless they all start after 9, in which case why did I notice this year? Must be old :lol:
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports