Shit on Sports Media Here...

For all non-Boston, non-gambling sports chatter

Re: Shit on Sports Media Here...

Postby Bud » Thu May 05, 2011 9:12 pm

Reports of Gus Johnson's departure from CBS Sports are premature.

So for Johnson fans, March Madness might not turn into March Sadness after all.

According to an industry source Johnson, whose CBS contract expired after the Final Four, received a written offer from Fox earlier this week. The offer includes both NFL and Pac-12 football play-by-play roles.

However Johnson's reps have not presented the offer to CBS execs. When they do, probably next week, CBS will have one week to match or say adios to Johnson.

So Johnson's future at CBS, where he's spent 16 years calling NCAA hoops and also doing NFL play-by-play is still up in the air.
RUN T-M-C 4 LIFE!
Bud
Serious Stoolie

Postby vtexposfan » Fri May 06, 2011 11:55 am

rearadmiral wrote:That 2nd quote is the one I had in mind.

"It was the best of times, it was the...smworst of times?!?"

It's "blurst of times."
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby rearadmiral » Fri May 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Sorry for the Lackey-like effort.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby DC » Fri May 06, 2011 10:31 pm

it will have college football like feel AY

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/f ... =hp_bf1_a5
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby AY » Fri May 06, 2011 11:36 pm

"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby AY » Fri May 06, 2011 11:37 pm

DC wrote:it will have college football like feel AY

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/f ... =hp_bf1_a5

Nessler is very underrated. He's a great college football PBP guy.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby Spencer Pratt » Mon May 09, 2011 3:51 pm

I think the fake accent Tony Mazz does spoofing Bruins fans is an impression of RA's voice
Spencer Pratt
PostDemPixls

Postby DC » Mon May 09, 2011 10:19 pm

got to agree with admiral.. what a fucking hypocryte simmons was today with this post

sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
Something to watch tonight: 7pm start + bad Boston traffic = late-arriving crowd. Will help Miami if there's low energy in pregame + 1Q.

He ever been to miami at that time with all them crazy latinos driving yet he shit on heat crowd arriving late for 7 pm start for game 2
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby tballa55 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Bud wrote:Image

Reports of Gus Johnson's departure from CBS Sports are premature.

So for Johnson fans, March Madness might not turn into March Sadness after all.

According to an industry source Johnson, whose CBS contract expired after the Final Four, received a written offer from Fox earlier this week. The offer includes both NFL and Pac-12 football play-by-play roles.

However Johnson's reps have not presented the offer to CBS execs. When they do, probably next week, CBS will have one week to match or say adios to Johnson.

So Johnson's future at CBS, where he's spent 16 years calling NCAA hoops and also doing NFL play-by-play is still up in the air.

Official he's at Fox now and was he wearing lipstick at the Pacquiao fight the other night? he looked like Bosh's boyfriend.
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby DC » Mon May 09, 2011 11:35 pm

tballer bosh had to be the heat player who cried few months back right?
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby tballa55 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:37 pm

Yes. But I'm 100% positive it wasn't over losing.

tballa55
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Tue May 10, 2011 2:34 am

DC wrote:got to agree with admiral.. what a fucking hypocryte simmons was today with this post

sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
Something to watch tonight: 7pm start + bad Boston traffic = late-arriving crowd. Will help Miami if there's low energy in pregame + 1Q.

He ever been to miami at that time with all them crazy latinos driving yet he shit on heat crowd arriving late for 7 pm start for game 2

If he was really in tune, he'd know the recent late-arriving crowds are because of the increased dog-n-pony show at the turnstiles in the wake of the ObL whacking. The traffic around the Garden was a nightmare 20 years ago. Not so bad today.

And do teams really feed off of pre-game, when there's 4,000 people in the building?
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby DC » Tue May 10, 2011 4:17 pm

i noticed simmons and olberman been going at it lately in a twitter war.. can't stand either but mildly entertaining
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby DC » Wed May 11, 2011 11:24 pm

man this ass clown keeps hitting new lows

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/m ... &eref=sihp
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby tballa55 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:11 am

Stay classy Mariotti

The Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday that former ESPN personality and Chicago Sun-Times writer Jay Mariotti has been charged with three felonies after he confronted his ex-girlfriend the same day a court ordered him to stay away from her, according to prosecutors.
The lawyer for Mariotti called the newest allegations “complete fabrications.”
Mariotti was in court Wednesday and he pleaded not guilty to the charges: stalking, corporal injury on a spouse or domestic partner, and assault by means likely to produce great bodily injury. The Times Said if he’s convicted, he faces up to five years in state prison.

The latest charges stem from an April incident with the accuser.
In addition to confronting his ex-girlfriend at a restaurant Sept. 30 — the day he pleaded no contest to one count of misdemeanor domestic violence — prosecutors said he argued with his former girlfriend again outside of a Venice restaurant April 15. He allegedly pulled a chunk of her hair out and grabbed her cellphone, while shouting at her, prosecutors said.

As part of a deal reached in the original case with the Los Angeles city attorney’s office, six other misdemeanor counts against Mariotti were dismissed — four domestic-violence-related counts, grand theft and false imprisonment.

The Times said Mariotti avoided jail time in the earlier case and was instead placed on three years’ probation. He also was ordered to perform 40 days of community service, complete a 52-week domestic violence course and stay away from the victim. He could face county jail time for violating probation.
In a statement, Mariotti’s lawyer Shawn Holley disputed and dismissed the accusers’ allegations.

“These allegations are complete fabrications, made by an accuser who, since October of last year, has doggedly tried to have Mr. Marriotti arrested and charged on numerous past occasions without success.”
“We look forward to our day in court, where these outrageous falsehoods will be exposed as the lies that they are,” she said.
tballa55
Title Town

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports