Shit on Sports Media Here...

For all non-Boston, non-gambling sports chatter

Postby JJ » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:22 pm

rearadmiral wrote:Tough day on the airwaves. F&M doing Sox talk. On 12/1.

I try every once in awhile. But I can't last more than a few minutes...

Getting stuck under a boulder for 127 hours then cutting your arm off >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gresh and Zo

Can't agree more on G & Z. I'm warming-up to Felger & Mazz, but I'm sold on T & R in the morning, and according to a tweet from 98.5, I'm not alone:

November's ratings for T&R: #1 Men 25-54, #1 Men 18-49, and #1 Men 18-34.

How's that NESN simulcast treatin' ya, D & C?

JJ
(EEI-free for 16 months now)
JJ
Professional Bike Rider

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:59 am

KW wrote:I thought Simmons' article was one of his better ones. It probably makes no sense if you don't have a kid, but he did a good job of capturing some of that parental fear.

Spot on.

Coulda sworn he used to rail about other guys when they did the exact same thing.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Sim » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:52 am

Is there anyone worse than Mark Schlereth?
Sim
PostDemPixls

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:42 pm

Outside of Michael Irvin, most NFL pregame analysts will eventually provide some interesting insight and analysis. Of course when you are on the air weekly, you're also bound to get some things wrong. Here's some of our favorite misses this season:
• "The Colts beat the Cowboys in Dallas."
-- Fox NFL Sunday analyst Jimmy Johnson, when asked for his Super Bowl prediction, Sept. 12
• "Carson Palmer wanted Terrell Owens there. Now he's there...Now it's all on you Carson Palmer. The pressure is on his shoulders. They [the Bengals] have one of the best defenses in football. I'm glad they kept their defensive coordinator, Mike Zimmer. They'll be a playoff team this year."
-- CBS NFL Today analyst Boomer Esiason, Sept. 12
• "I say the Tennessee Titans make it; the Houston Texans make it; the Steelers make it; the Chiefs and the Washington Redskins."
-- CBS NFL Today analyst Shannon Sharpe, predicting playoff teams, Sept. 12
• "I believe that Randy Moss -- for the first time, a wide receiver will be the MVP in the National Football League. Tom Brady will have an unbelievable year -- close to 5,000 yards. Randy Moss, I believe he'll have close to 1,800. He's motivated by his profession. He is motivated that he doesn't have a contract."
-- ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown analyst Cris Carter, Sept. 19
• "You won three out of your last 40 games and I'm going to say you are going to win five more than that this year -- the Detroit Lions."
-- ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown analyst Mike Ditka, Sept, 19
• "They are not going to win it. They are not going into the playoffs. But the Buffalo Bills, in the first month of the season, will cause problems in the AFC East."
-- ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown host Chris Berman. Sept. 19
• "They may not win the division. I think they will be really strong in December. Let's see what happens with their record. That's the dangerous thing with Minnesota while they figure things out."
-- Berman, Sept. 19
• "The Dolphins match up well with every team in the AFC East. They can win it and be a contender for the Super Bowl."
-- NFL Network analyst Irvin, Sept. 26
• "I've played against both, and trust me, Donovan McNabb presents way more problems to a defense than Michael Vick does."
--NFL Network analyst Warren Sapp, Sept. 26
• "Matt Ryan hasn't been as sharp as you would like since his rookie year. Watching him in preseason and then watching him in the first two games this year makes me think, are we looking at a guy with a great rookie year like Ricky Mirer did, and then things start stopping up?"
-- ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown analyst Keyshawn Johnson, Sept. 26
• "I'm really not surprised. For Minnesota the time is now, particularly with Brett Favre at quarterback. You're trying to take advantage of Favre's presence and maybe build a new stadium. Adrian Peterson is great. The Vikings defense is great...Minnesota is a good football team and Randy Moss now makes them a great football team."
-- Fox NFL Sunday analyst Howie Long, Oct. 6
• "Washington has always been a soap opera with no stability. McNabb gives them that instant stability."
--Fox NFL Sunday analyst Michael Strahan, Oct. 6
• "The consensus around the country is that this is a home run for the Minnesota Vikings because they really haven't had a deep threat. Opposing teams have been crowding the line of scrimmage to stop Adrian Peterson with single coverage on the outside to take away the underneath routes. Now with Moss as the deep threat, opposing defenses won't be able to do that."
-- Jimmy Johnson, Oct. 10
• "Most people don't have one good quarterback. He does have two...I would stay with Kevin Kolb. He's been hot."
--NBC Sunday Night Football analyst Tony Dungy, Oct. 17
• "He's still a manager. I'm waiting on him to take the reins and become a leader of that team. He hasn't done that yet."
-- Irvin, on Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco, Oct. 24
• "As long as Peyton Manning is alive and well, the Colts will make the playoffs."
-- NFL Network analyst Steve Mariucci, Nov. 14
• "The best team in the AFC has a losing record and they're not even playing this week, that is the San Diego Chargers, led by Philip Rivers who will do something you [Dan Marino] didn't do, which is win a Super Bowl this year...I'm telling you right now. You watch them closely. They're one of the best teams out there. They're going to get healthy coming off this bye. They're going to get Vincent Jackson back. Watch out for the San Diego Chargers."
-- Esiason, Nov. 14
• "Second half of the season, he [Randy Moss] will score six touchdowns. This team, the Tennessee Titans, win the AFC South."
-- Sharpe, Nov. 14
• "Jed York said this team will make the playoffs and it looks like San Francisco 49ers are not dead yet."
-- Sapp, Nov. 21.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... z17T6u2KIT
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby lugnutz » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:45 pm

I listened to the Moss comments....check my fantasy teams. Contract year just made it all make sense. ughhhh

Counting Indy out=not a good plan yet
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby DC » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:08 pm

surprised it took this long seeing they tried a vitale on nba gimmic but bill simmons debut as nba analyst will be this friday for heat/warriors..
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby rearadmiral » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:39 am

rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby vtexposfan » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:47 pm

Sapp owned Vick in his days as a Buc and Berman has always had an irrational love of the Bills. But otherwise...wow. I can't figure out the Bengals in the playoffs prediction...did Boomer think that both wild cards would come from the AFC North?
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby KW » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Why is that so hard to believe? They made the playoffs last year and added TO, Gresham and Shipley to what was their weakest link last year-passing offense.
I'm havin a good time, Jacques Martin's tryin to ruin it.
KW
Title Town

Postby tballa55 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:41 pm

Simmons doing the Warriors/heat game
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby vtexposfan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:19 am

KW wrote:Why is that so hard to believe? They made the playoffs last year and added TO, Gresham and Shipley to what was their weakest link last year-passing offense.

Their weakest link last year (and this year) is their secondary.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby KW » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:46 pm

Reason 26,782 why ESPN will never be known for "quality journalism"

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/columns/story?columnist=schilling_curt&id=5919108

At least they are losing that stiff Kuselias to some other network.
I'm havin a good time, Jacques Martin's tryin to ruin it.
KW
Title Town

Postby mcm » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:55 pm

they should ask him who would win the Red Sox versus a hurricane
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby 5TOOLER » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:06 pm

neumeier gets comcast sports new england anchor gig.

...good stuff
Us Kids Know.
5TOOLER
Fraud Central

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:14 pm

Now if they could only get some viewers.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports