Celtics 2011-2012 Season Thread

Home of Champions

Re: Celtics 2011-2012 Season Thread

Postby DC » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:42 am

cool_hand wrote:Jarrett Jack pretty just called Ray Allen a traitor on Twitter.

Dumb, dumb move by Allen, but good drama for the league. Heat Celt games are going to be brutal next year.

why the f--k would Ray Allen or anyone care what Jarrett Jack thinks?

Awful move? He will extend career since he will get more open looks then ever with wade and lbj .. hell you saw what it did for Battier in finals.. Celtics need to worry about the Nets in division first before the Heat.. Not many guys who can convince someone to leave the team they won their only ring with for their biggest current rival and half the money ... guess Pat Riley is that good or Rajon Rondo that bad of a punk. Guy is great young player but don't expect FA to be lining up to play with him once KG and PP retire.
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby Section 40 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:47 pm

Money hungry? No
Idiot? No
Making a decision based simply on his (perceived) future minutes? Yes
HOF'er who should be heartily cheered on his return? Absolutely
Imagine this, a guy taking more years and less money..... That almost never happens, anywhere.
Good luck and thanks for the memories Ray, I'll always be a fan.
As for the Benedict shit on the main page..... Ridiculous.
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby lugnutz » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:48 pm

I agree...its fucking America its what we do. Root for the laundry...respect the man.
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby tballa55 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Who gives a fuck that Ray Allen didn't come back, Danny Ainge didn't. No way he was coming back to be the 3rd shooting guard on the team. It would have been a huge waste of $12m for a guy who has no ankles left just to keep him from Miami. Plus we don't have to see his mom in that stupid jersey going into every commercial break.

Let's not forget everyone was talking about benching him in the playoffs and that probably would have happened if Bradley didn't get hurt.

Thanks for the Championship, but you're Miami's problem now. He'll fit right in with all the old folks down there anyways.

Jason Terry >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ray Allen
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby DC » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:56 pm

tballa55 wrote:Who gives a fuck that Ray Allen didn't come back, Danny Ainge didn't. No way he was coming back to be the 3rd shooting guard on the team. It would have been a huge waste of $12m for a guy who has no ankles left just to keep him from Miami. Plus we don't have to see his mom in that stupid jersey going into every commercial break.

Let's not forget everyone was talking about benching him in the playoffs and that probably would have happened if Bradley didn't get hurt.

Thanks for the Championship, but you're Miami's problem now. He'll fit right in with all the old folks down there anyways.

Jason Terry >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ray Allen

ddin't he shoot career best 3 pt % this year or close to it? Guy was playing hurt in playoffs or at least thats what i kept hearing all series from boston fans..now they say he just sucks lol .. Love they way everyone assumes avery bradley is real deal based on half a season... Typical comments from t baller who has more proclamations gone wrong then patrick ewing in the 90's and disappeared from the nba playoff thread once it became apparent heat would win the title.. i agree with the boston fans who say boston won't be any worse without ray, but in typical self centered boston fan tradition they are missing the bigger point.. The difference between terry (who is 35 not 25 ) by the way and allen is much smaller then the difference between allen and j jones or whoever D wades backup was this year.. The celtics have improved but so have the heat and they were already the champs.. be scared of nets tballer real scared if they get howard.. miami div is in rebuilding mode and wiz might actually be seond best team.. heat are lock for 1 seed ..
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby tballa55 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:11 pm

I love Ray Allen, always have since UCONN. I've never said he sucked, but the guy can't walk. That money is better off going to someone who can rebound. they don't need another shooting guard. BTW Ray did shoot 30% 3's in the playoffs and lets not forget his 70% ft's(37 y/o with no ankles). As for Bradley i could care less if the guy hits a 3 all season, but if he plays D the way he does thats all that matters.

Waiting on my Nets season tickets, and there's no way they don't get Howard.
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby jtk4 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:52 am

Ray was more important to the heat then the celtics. I am not sure anyone was confident that he would be back to normal next season. The heat do not need him to be 100% for him to be effective in their offense. He can just sit out at the three point line and wait for his open shot from a drive and kick out. In bostons offense he needed to run through a million screens and back picks to get open. This slowed down the offense at times because if he could not get open there would be 6 sec left on the shot clock.

I am also not sure he wanted to come back and, IF bradley was playing at the level he was at he end of last year, sit on the bench.

Ray was a great player here and was an important part of the team, I will applaud him every time he comes here. THe benefits for him on this team just did not make sense going forward.
jtk4
Alt-Tab Master

Postby joey_zaza » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:30 pm

already moving on. Summer League squad 3-0! games have been oddly entertaining so far. I'm ready to become a charter member of the Kris Joseph and Dionte Christmas fanclubs. Sully looks pretty good. I'd almost say more of a below the rim Leon Powe than a big baby type.
joey_zaza
Serious Stoolie

Previous

Return to Boston Sports