How Much Do You Tip On...

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Postby BS1 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:40 pm

Oh and Mk, at least 50, simply because I didn't use my commish powers to veto that motherfucking trade, haha
It is what it is......
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Section 40 wrote:What, if any, is the tip for the deliverer of a free town weekly newspaper that is delivered to my house every Thursday afternoon? I have never seen the deliverer, its just on my sidewalk every Thursday. I think he left an addressed envelope last year that went unmailed.

Nothing. That's just vandalism.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Dr. Beeper » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:37 pm

mcm wrote:Anyone heard of this before: if your barber is also the owner of the shop, you don't need to tip him? True or false?

I don't go to the owner although he does cut hair at my place. Also is it rude to wait for your barber if there is no one else in there and your barber is cutting someone's hair and the other guy is just sitting there with a broom in his hands?

Yes, MCM it is true, you don't have to tip the owner of a shop, but 10 out of 10 will remember you as being a non tipper no doubt (not getting 100%). It's not like 15 bucks is alot to pay for a service of any kind these days.

and it is fine to wait for you're barber any time. I tell people all the time that it is up to them if they want to wait or not. I don't take offense if they don't wait, unless it's been a shitty week! lol but thems are the breaks in this business
Look Kids Big Bang Clock.. Parliament
Dr. Beeper
Serious Stoolie

Postby One Up in Peabody » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:44 pm

I only tip if I am referred to the service provider or they are referred to me...
"You could shit your pants and probably still bag something out of there" - BLuc describing Blush in Vegas
One Up in Peabody
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby Sim » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:53 pm

BS1 wrote:
Sim wrote:I tip my barber $5 or more.

Right Dr. Beeper?

I'm actually due for a haircut. Been awhile.

You wouldn't be tipping him anything if u heard the shit he talks about u, lol

Et Tu Beeper?
Sim
PostDemPixls

Postby Dr. Beeper » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:53 pm

One Up in Peabody wrote:I only tip if I am referred to the service provider or they are referred to me...

what makes u feel they don't deserve a tip for the service? small business owners are getting killed these days, especially barbers, since every little puke out there looks like they were on the Partridge Family.
Dr. Beeper
Serious Stoolie

Postby tballa55 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:55 pm

Dr. Beeper wrote:
One Up in Peabody wrote:I only tip if I am referred to the service provider or they are referred to me...

what makes u feel they don't deserve a tip for the service? small business owners are getting killed these days, especially barbers, since every little puke out there looks like they were on the Partridge Family.

:lol:
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:55 pm

Dr. Beeper wrote:

I think he's riffing off a Cube Life thread.

lol @ Patridge Family. Good call. Every kid looks like my uncles in the '70s.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby mcm » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Dr. Beeper wrote:
mcm wrote:Anyone heard of this before: if your barber is also the owner of the shop, you don't need to tip him? True or false?

I don't go to the owner although he does cut hair at my place. Also is it rude to wait for your barber if there is no one else in there and your barber is cutting someone's hair and the other guy is just sitting there with a broom in his hands?

Yes, MCM it is true, you don't have to tip the owner of a shop, but 10 out of 10 will remember you as being a non tipper no doubt (not getting 100%). It's not like 15 bucks is alot to pay for a service of any kind these days.

and it is fine to wait for you're barber any time. I tell people all the time that it is up to them if they want to wait or not. I don't take offense if they don't wait, unless it's been a shitty week! lol but thems are the breaks in this business

yeah someone told me you don't have to tip the owner i thought that was weird. i've been going to the same place for years and they went from 12 to 13 about a year ago. i just feel weird giving the guy a 20 and asking for $4 back so i just stick with giving him 15. the guy is like 70 and goes to foxwoods every weekend i'm pretty sure he just works because he's a widower and bored.
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby mcm » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:58 pm

and i also hate kids with long hair. been getting a 1 clip on the sides since i was 12
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby Dr. Beeper » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:59 pm

Sim wrote:
BS1 wrote:
Sim wrote:I tip my barber $5 or more.

Right Dr. Beeper?

I'm actually due for a haircut. Been awhile.

You wouldn't be tipping him anything if u heard the shit he talks about u, lol

Et Tu Beeper?

Sim u know that my seat is like being at the doctors office. everything we speak of is confidencial and i never would talk shit about you anyway! as far as u know :lol:

Sim and Sasha are very fair tippers and it is appreciated
Dr. Beeper
Serious Stoolie

Postby tballa55 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:00 pm

I picture Giggles having a Partridge Family haircut, am i right?
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby GodofThunder » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:25 pm

"Very fair tippers".....sounds like there is room for improvement....
GodofThunder
PostDemPixls

Postby BS1 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:28 pm

cost is 15...he gets the Jackson
It is what it is......
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby One Up in Peabody » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:32 pm

rearadmiral wrote:
Dr. Beeper wrote:

I think he's riffing off a Cube Life thread.

Thank you RA. :roll:
"You could shit your pants and probably still bag something out of there" - BLuc describing Blush in Vegas
One Up in Peabody
Stoolie 4 Life

PreviousNext

Return to Misc