International News

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Postby tballa55 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:37 pm

Thousands of Cambodians celebrating a water festival on an island in a river in the capital stampeded Monday night, leaving more than 330 people dead and hundreds injured. Some in the panicky crowd who tried to flee over a bridge were crushed underfoot or fell over its sides into the water.

Ambulances raced back and forth between the river and the hospitals for several hours after the stampede. Calmette Hospital, the capital's main medical facility, was filled to capacity with bodies as well as patients, some of whom had to be treated in hallways. Many of the injured appeared to be badly hurt, raising the prospect that the death toll could rise as local hospitals became overwhelmed.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/internatio ... z1637tfwte

pics here
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/internatio ... hoto_num=1

i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby mcm » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:42 pm

looks like I'll be canceling my scheduled vacation in Cambodia
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby Boston » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:43 pm

:shock: :shock:
Boston
Title Town

Postby tballa55 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:54 am

North and South Korea exchanged artillery fire Tuesday after the North shelled an island near their disputed sea border, killing at least two South Korean marines, setting dozens of buildings ablaze and sending civilians fleeing for shelter.

The clash, which put South Korea's military on high alert, was one of the rivals' most dramatic confrontations since the Korean War ended, and one of the few to put civilians at risk, though no nonmilitary deaths were immediately reported. Sixteen South Korean soldiers and three civilians were injured and the extent of casualties on the northern side was unknown.

South Koreans watch smoke from South Korea's Yeonpyeong island. North Korea fired artillery barrages onto the island, promptiong South Korea to fire back and scramble fighter jets.

The skirmish began when Pyongyang warned the South to halt military drills in the area, according to South Korean officials. When Seoul refused and began firing artillery into disputed waters, albeit away from the North Korean shore, the North retaliated by bombarding the small island of Yeonpyeong, which houses South Korean military installations and a small civilian population.
tballa55
Title Town

Postby Boston » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:17 am

Miners trapped underground in New Zealand dead, police say
All 29 miners trapped underground in a New Zealand mine are dead, Gary
Knowles, superintendent from Tasman Police Command said Wednesday.

Air released from the drilling contained high levels of carbon monoxide and methane but little oxygen, police officials have said.

Boston
Title Town

Postby tballa55 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:20 am

They are NOT heroes.
tballa55
Title Town

Postby tballa55 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:25 pm

This hit man is a mere boy: "El Ponchis," a 14-year-old killer who claims he was involved in four decapitations while working for a Mexican drug cartel.

The teen assassin, whose existence was considered more rumor than reality by many, was busted late Thursday at a Mexican airport as he tried to flee the country, officials said.

The alleged young killer is known as "El Ponchis" or "the cloaked one." He confessed to his role in the gruesome killings to reporters at the Mexican Attorney General's office in Cuernavaca.

"I participated in four executions, but I did it drugged and under threat that if I didn't, they would kill me," the teen said Friday, speaking calmly and without remorse.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2 ... z175tROEtC
tballa55
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:50 pm

Image >>> El Ponchis
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:31 pm

Deadly shark attack...in Egypt.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/12/ ... index.html

Egypt's tourism ministry has decided to close the Sharm el-Sheikh beach until the shark responsible for Sunday's attack is found, according to the nation's Interior Ministry.

Good luck with that.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:19 pm

rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby AY » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:27 pm

"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby Mk » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:54 pm

The day Niagara Falls ran dry.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tilll.html

Pretty cool pxls.....though NF wasn't nearly as awe inspiring as I expected when I went.
Chris Broussard wannabe
Mk
Title Town

Postby AY » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:39 pm

"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby midd » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:56 am

Mk wrote:The day Niagara Falls ran dry.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tilll.html

Pretty cool pxls.....though NF wasn't nearly as awe inspiring as I expected when I went.

bfd

when we went when I was 10 my parents told me they get shut off every night.
midd
PostDemPixls

Postby Mk » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Mk
Title Town

PreviousNext

Return to Misc