Local Politics

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Postby MCA » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:07 am

Ronnie B wrote:
All the polls heading into tonights debate had them within 2% of each other. This is going to be a barn burner.

Seeing as how the margin on any poll is 3-5%, 2% + 5% is 7% by my math which would put Boston somewhere in line with the potential.

Look, I'm voting for the guy....I'm probably going to the fundraiser tonight...but I'm not going to act like he's going to win.

B/c he isn't. And its HORRIBLE.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby ds bruce robertson » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:29 am

If there were an "n-word" for old women who play tennis, I'd use it on you but good.
ds bruce robertson
Professional Bike Rider

Postby Boston » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:04 am

#PlateGate

Polito’s circle cleaned up on Sox plates
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/art ... News_links

Boston
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:19 am

I wonder if any other states obsess over license plate #s quite like MA.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby midd » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:32 pm

Ronnie B wrote:
Does having a Political Science degree make me a Political Scientist?

no
midd
PostDemPixls

Postby vtexposfan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:08 pm

This has absolutely nothing to do with this election and its aggravating as shit when you keep bringing it up because you sound like a fucking idiot.

If I say it does, then it does. I have a vote. I decide what the issues are. I decide on what basis I will vote or not vote for somebody.

If you get hit by a fucking bus, I don't want to have to pay for your care.

I did not ask you to do so.

So buy insurance. Now if you really "don't need it" use your fucking head, buy a 3,000 to 5,000 deductible with a limited network and just cover yourself in case you DO get hit by a bus.

Why do I have to buy a deductible? Why should somebody else make money off my float? Why can't I have the interest? $3,000 isn't pocket change to me or to most people.

But healthcare has nothing to do w/ this election.

Not for most people. Most people aren't like me.

I understand that you work in the insurance business, and that you're passionate about defending your craft. I don't think you're a disingenuous businessman yourself, but I believe that your industry is scummy and underhanded. If you wish to convince me otherwise, yelling at me won't do it.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby B Luc » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:16 pm

<----surprised MCA caved and responded.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby MCA » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Why am I doing this...

1) I don't work for an insurance company so I have no problem with your stance on "my business." I'm more of a consultant that that helps people navigate the madness rather than one that promotes it.

2) Yes you are asking me to pay for your care if you don't have Health Insurance. Because if you don't have insurance, and you get hit by that bus, the care is going to be paid through a premium tax paid for by those that carry insurance.

3) I guess in your head, something that happened a full 2 administrations ago, that isn't getting repealed, NOR something that has ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THESE CANDIDATES is worth voting on in this election.

4) The exact reason I told you to buy a higher deductible is so YOU could hold on to that money and not pay it to them in premium.

You clearly don't know what a deductible is.
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby B Luc » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:27 pm

BUMP

B Luc wrote:<----surprised MCA caved and responded.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby vtexposfan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:32 pm

MCA wrote:2) Yes you are asking me to pay for your care if you don't have Health Insurance. Because if you don't have insurance, and you get hit by that bus, the care is going to be paid through a premium tax paid for by those that carry insurance.

Why should it be? I have $70,000 in liquid assets. Nobody needs to do a damn thing for me.

And who gets hit by buses anyway? Either they have the green and I'm waiting until it goes by to cross the street, or it's stopped and it can't hurt me. Only a stupid reckless asshole could get hit by a bus, and even then, if you cross against an orange hand, you should be denied access to an insurance pool for your care.

3) I guess in your head, something that happened a full 2 administrations ago, that isn't getting repealed, NOR something that has ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THESE CANDIDATES is worth voting on in this election.

You really don't think Charlie Baker is going to screw people to help his friends? This is Massachusetts...they don't work for you and me, they work for themselves. I guarantee you that, if elected, he will make this racket more beneficial for his cronies at his old company.

This is really my only problem. I'm 26 and single. There are two things in my life that bother me: overpriced mandatory health insurance that I dont' want and not getting laid. Not much the state can do to fix the latter, so I'm down to a single issue.

4) The exact reason I told you to buy a higher deductible is so YOU could hold on to that money and not pay it to them in premium.

You clearly don't know what a deductible is.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you were telling ME to pay $3,000 to get the high deductible. Believe me, I'm familiar with how insurance works.
Last edited by vtexposfan on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby MCA » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:35 pm

You really aren't familiar with how insurance works.

Your "70k of liquid assets" would cover you for the ambulance ride and 1/8 of your surgery after you got hit with the bus.
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby K-G » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:38 pm

MCA wrote:Your "70k of liquid assets" would cover you for the ambulance ride and 1/8 of your surgery after you got hit with the bus.

And there you have the real problem.
lugnutz wrote:See as I have explained before I never had to take English in high school or college....others did it for me. So I my writing skills are lacking.
K-G
PostDemPixls

Postby vtexposfan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:38 pm

MCA wrote:You really aren't familiar with how insurance works.

Your "70k of liquid assets" would cover you for the ambulance ride and 1/8 of your surgery after you got hit with the bus.

That's not a lack of familiarity with insurance, that's a lack of familiarity with the prices of things I've never bought before.

vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby Ronnie B » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:38 pm

"Get it ticket" - Paul Pierce to KG during a rebound 3-16-2011
Ronnie B
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby MCA » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:39 pm

And I'm not quite sure how Charlie Baker could "help his friends" even if there are any.

He's actually in support of the healthcare cooperative legislation that is vehemantly opposed by every major insurer in Massachusetts.

And in meeting with individuals who drafted the legislation, most feel like he isn't a threat to it at all.

But don't pay attention to the facts. Whatever you do.

Your vote shouldn't have the same value as somebody who has a clue. Really, it shouldn't. Thats why this country is so fucked up.
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

PreviousNext

Return to Misc