Local Politics

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Postby MCA » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:06 pm

I don't even think it'll be close.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
User avatar
MCA
Alt-Tab Master
 
Posts: 4912
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:17 am
Location: Brooklyn

Postby BS1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Boston wrote:
BS1 wrote:I didnt think people up here were that dumb to re-elect this guy....guess we'll see


we are, we really are


obv not saying you, lol.....but wow how can the majority of people vote for this clown.
It is what it is......
User avatar
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!
 
Posts: 7338
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: 2-0 in the SB vs. the Pats

Postby Ronnie B » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:12 pm

MCA wrote:I don't even think it'll be close.


That's absurd.
"Get it ticket" - Paul Pierce to KG during a rebound 3-16-2011
User avatar
Ronnie B
Not As Awesome as I think!
 
Posts: 7046
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: Looking for Baxter

Postby Boston » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:12 pm

oh I know, I am just telling you Mass. is most definitely that stupid.

You will see the proof in seven days.
User avatar
Boston
Title Town
 
Posts: 8229
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:35 pm

Postby Ronnie B » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:15 pm

With the state of the local and national economy a vote for an incumbent is a wasted vote
"Get it ticket" - Paul Pierce to KG during a rebound 3-16-2011
User avatar
Ronnie B
Not As Awesome as I think!
 
Posts: 7046
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: Looking for Baxter

Postby BS1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:19 pm

ed rendell >>>>>> patrick


and thats sad



edit- only because he got the gambling thing to PA 8)
It is what it is......
User avatar
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!
 
Posts: 7338
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: 2-0 in the SB vs. the Pats

Postby MCA » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:31 pm

Ronnie B wrote:
MCA wrote:I don't even think it'll be close.


That's absurd.


How is it absurd?
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
User avatar
MCA
Alt-Tab Master
 
Posts: 4912
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:17 am
Location: Brooklyn

Postby Ronnie B » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:33 pm

MCA wrote:
Ronnie B wrote:
MCA wrote:I don't even think it'll be close.


That's absurd.


How is it absurd?


All the polls heading into tonights debate had them within 2% of each other. This is going to be a barn burner.
"Get it ticket" - Paul Pierce to KG during a rebound 3-16-2011
User avatar
Ronnie B
Not As Awesome as I think!
 
Posts: 7046
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: Looking for Baxter

Postby Boston » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:34 pm

I would be surprised if Deval won by less than 7 points.
User avatar
Boston
Title Town
 
Posts: 8229
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:35 pm

Postby Ronnie B » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:59 pm

Boston wrote:I would be surprised if Deval won by less than 7 points.


You're nuts

Charlie dominated that debate despite Charlie Gibson's best efforts to throw curve balls at Baker. Winning the last debate in a close race always works well going into election day.
http://www.boston.com/news/polls/2010/0 ... News_links
"Get it ticket" - Paul Pierce to KG during a rebound 3-16-2011
User avatar
Ronnie B
Not As Awesome as I think!
 
Posts: 7046
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: Looking for Baxter

Postby midd » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:22 am

Ronnie B wrote:
Boston wrote:I would be surprised if Deval won by less than 7 points.


You're nuts

Charlie dominated that debate despite Charlie Gibson's best efforts to throw curve balls at Baker. Winning the last debate in a close race always works well going into election day.
http://www.boston.com/news/polls/2010/0 ... News_links


never knew you were also a political scientist.
User avatar
midd
PostDemPixls
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:33 am

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:50 am

BS1 wrote:
Boston wrote:
BS1 wrote:I didnt think people up here were that dumb to re-elect this guy....guess we'll see


we are, we really are


obv not saying you, lol.....but wow how can the majority of people vote for this clown.


Because it'll keep the status quo for a lot of people in unstable times. It's why Mumbles has been in charge for so long.
User avatar
rearadmiral
I post a lot
 
Posts: 11539
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:37 pm
Location: Loving cup

Postby Ronnie B » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:24 am

midd wrote:
Ronnie B wrote:
Boston wrote:I would be surprised if Deval won by less than 7 points.


You're nuts

Charlie dominated that debate despite Charlie Gibson's best efforts to throw curve balls at Baker. Winning the last debate in a close race always works well going into election day.
http://www.boston.com/news/polls/2010/0 ... News_links


never knew you were also a political scientist.


Does having a Political Science degree make me a Political Scientist?
"Get it ticket" - Paul Pierce to KG during a rebound 3-16-2011
User avatar
Ronnie B
Not As Awesome as I think!
 
Posts: 7046
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: Looking for Baxter

Postby vtexposfan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:20 am

What amazes me is that no other politician since Reagan has used "are you better off..." in a speech since then. It's really the perfect trump card.

Is Massachusetts better now than it was in 2006? I'd say no. I don't make more money, but I have a mandatory health insurance bill that's doing nothing but paying fat cat doctors and executives because I don't need care. We still don't have gaming. We still have a culture that's oppressive towards bars and restaurants.

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has done NOTHING to improve under the stewardship of Deval Patrick. When the head liberal can't even get the other liberals like the piece of shit Sal DiMasi on his side, then you have a case of the fish rotting from the head down.

Problem is, people think everything is alright. They have their YouTube and their coffee. They don't see pending problems.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
User avatar
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker
 
Posts: 6464
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:54 pm
Location: Brighton MA/Burlington VT

Postby MCA » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:05 am

vtexposfan wrote:I don't make more money, but I have a mandatory health insurance bill that's doing nothing but paying fat cat doctors and executives because I don't need care.


This has absolutely nothing to do with this election and its aggravating as shit when you keep bringing it up because you sound like a fucking idiot.

If you get hit by a fucking bus, I don't want to have to pay for your care. So buy insurance. Now if you really "don't need it" use your fucking head, buy a 3,000 to 5,000 deductible with a limited network and just cover yourself in case you DO get hit by a bus.

But healthcare has nothing to do w/ this election.

Get a clue or don't vote.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
User avatar
MCA
Alt-Tab Master
 
Posts: 4912
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:17 am
Location: Brooklyn

PreviousNext

Return to Misc

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron