City & State Shit

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Postby Giggles » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:38 am

Yeah that works for tuesdays and thursdays, but every other day in the NE it's trash day. Getting stuck behind a dumptruck taking a shortcut sucks worse than missing a light or two.
Giggles
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby random internet username » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:16 pm

i definitely go straight through the light off the highway and cut through the NE to commercial. it is a longer route but you dont get caught at the lights and you can take a right on red at the intersection.

what gets me about all of this is they leave the lights on their normal schedule. the first day they started this money grab cop detail i almost killed myself because i had the green arrow to go right onto the bridge and the cops are waiving people through the light without one of them standing over by my section to at least oh i don't know make me aware of this change from lights to cops. if you are going to get your 8 hour detail pay for 2 hours of traffic waiving at least put in some effort. how tough is it to put the lights to flashing reds instead of normal.
random internet username
Alt-Tab Master

Postby rearadmiral » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:41 pm

BPD details aren't equipped to alter signals.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby mcm » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:31 am

wife's car was towed from Newbury St. in August for parking in a commercial spot. She apparently did not see the sign (I wasn't there). She got a ride to pick up the car and drove home. Later on that day I noticed a huge scratch on the front bumper. Car had less than 5K miles on it and scratch was definitely not there prior to the tow. We filed a complaint with City of Boston. Had to submit 2 estimates for repair. One was from Hyundai dealership for $1100 and another from an auto body shop for $1700. Didn't hear anything until mid-October when we received a letter that we had to sign that basically said they were going to cut us a check but we could not ask for more money down the road if future problems arise. Got a check for $1700 in the mail yesterday. Why they sent us a check for the higher amount I have no clue. I'll take it though.

I like stories.
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:49 pm

mcm wrote:wife's car was towed from Newbury St. in August for parking in a commercial spot. She apparently did not see the sign (I wasn't there). She got a ride to pick up the car and drove home. Later on that day I noticed a huge scratch on the front bumper. Car had less than 5K miles on it and scratch was definitely not there prior to the tow. We filed a complaint with City of Boston. Had to submit 2 estimates for repair. One was from Hyundai dealership for $1100 and another from an auto body shop for $1700. Didn't hear anything until mid-October when we received a letter that we had to sign that basically said they were going to cut us a check but we could not ask for more money down the road if future problems arise. Got a check for $1700 in the mail yesterday. Why they sent us a check for the higher amount I have no clue. I'll take it though.

I like stories.

Congrats on that. Most people don't follow through on it. Good for you. My old man got a new tire paid for because of a giant pothole.

All due respect mcm, -500 she didn't look for a sign (like the rest of them)
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Boston » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:10 am

Got to experience the North Washington/Causeway quagmire this morning, drove to work with the Lady.

We also popped out of Endicott St., wasn't a ton of traffic in that cycle and politely moved into traffic and then into the left lane to turn left onto Causeway.

Cop did everything but give us the SUCK IT in telling us we either had to go straight or right onto Causeway/Commercial.

Boston
Title Town

Postby Giggles » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:19 am

After all the complaining done by everyone here on the board you STILL tried to take a left onto Causeway?

Really?
Giggles

Postby Boston » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:20 am

From the Visitor Spot we were in the only way out of the North End was Endicott St. which shoots you out into that intersection, so it was worth a shot.

I wanted to come back here and brag that we did it.

We didn't.
Boston
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:21 am

Why wouldn't you just come up Commercial so you could just go straight and avoid turns?

EDIT: Forget it, you answered above.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Boston » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:24 am

Yes

From now on Commercial St. is the way to go

PS: Whose idea was it to continue Causeway St. addresses across the intersection? ie, Ducali's address is Causeway St.

Stupid
Boston
Title Town

Postby vtexposfan » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Boston wrote:PS: Whose idea was it to continue Causeway St. addresses across the intersection? ie, Ducali's address is Causeway St.

Stupid

It's Boston. Common sense is against the law, remember?
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby mcm » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:45 pm

pedestrian hit by train at Malden T stop
mcm
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:07 pm

rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Giggles » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Outrageous.
Giggles

Postby mcm » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:16 pm

Giggles wrote:Outrageous.

mcm
Title Town

PreviousNext

Return to Misc