City & State Shit

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Postby Boston » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:13 pm

Remy went about it the completely wrong way and I for one am glad this got squashed.

If you don't know how to play the game, you don't get your shit approved.

It's that easy.

Much smaller (and smarter) establishments hire attorneys and consultants who know the playbook.

Remy's hasn't even been open for 9 months, what the fuck is their rush? I have zero sympathy for them.
Boston
Title Town

Postby cool_hand » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:28 pm

I don't care about the inside baseball stuff, pun intended. I'm part of the "me" caucus and I just want more cool places to drink, especially roofdeck space around Fenway. Much needed. I know he's an ass, but I like that bar. I thought it was going to suck, but I was wrong.
cool_hand
Serious Stoolie

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:07 pm

Boston wrote:Remy went about it the completely wrong way and I for one am glad this got squashed.

If you don't know how to play the game, you don't get your shit approved.

It's that easy.

Much smaller (and smarter) establishments hire attorneys and consultants who know the playbook.

Remy's hasn't even been open for 9 months, what the fuck is their rush? I have zero sympathy for them.

Spot on. Similar thing happened to Bob Kraft and that's why CBS' Sunday blimp shots can't be a live shot of the Harbor and include the stadium as well (thus keeping Boston's hungover head for further exploding). Also would've been the best aerial stadium shot in the league. Instead, we have Anthony Pier 4 (still), parking, the ICA (a cool place indeed but could've gone anywhere in/near downtown), Louis (what looks like a few double wides and houses a temporary store/restaurant), parking, a tall, a stand alone building used for business tenants (just like dozens downtown), parking, the Moakley Courthouse (where our corrupt pols and feds get paraded before the cameras----proximity to water enhances brightness for pics/liveshots as well), and, well, some more parking.

A stadium there, whether it was (yes was because it'll never be; if it didn't happen then, it's not happening) a baseball or football park, would have been phenomenal. But it is Boston after all. They should take 1/3 of Eastie by eminent domain and move them all into Suffolk Downs and build a waterfront stadium from the airport to Chelsea.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Giggles » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:37 am

Let us not forget the Convention Center.

In architectural circles, it gets compared to the Sydney Opera House. The cantilevered awning is a majesty of engineering. It actually brings MANY national & international conventions to the city. But because we don't dig out and displace a bunch of shit on the waterfront to build a stadium, the whole area is a failure? I don't buy it. Foxboro & Fenway both thrive. The thing about the convention center is that nobody in their right mind would take public transportation in a city they don't know, and it works out perfectly, because there's nothing there.
Giggles
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby rearadmiral » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:12 am

That wasn't really my point but I'll bite (I meant put a stadium more as a fan of teams having their venues right in the city in cool locations like the SF Giants, not as some validation of the area).

The Fan Pier area has been a 'failure' going back 20+ years. They've had more plans fall through to do something good there but nothing good ever materialized because this is Boston after all (unless you like the scattershot set up there now). It's been done patchwork style instead of with a grand vision so it just...is.

In the long run, the BCEC was better overall for the future of the city due to the $ it will bring in for the next 100 years (no way there would've been a stadium and a CC that close to each other).

Not sure about the public transo thing though.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Boston » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:01 pm

Smiley Face Killer

A Boston Police boat recovered a body from the channel, near the Children's Museum, around 10 a.m. today. The body was first sighted in the harbor near Rowes Wharf, but winds and currents pushed it under the Northern Avenue and Moakley bridges and into Fort Point Channel.

The Northern Avenue bridge was opened to let police and Coast Guard boats into the channel to assist firefighters, themselves on scene in a Zodiac inflatable boat.
Boston
Title Town

Postby vtexposfan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 pm

Boston wrote:If you don't know how to play the game, you don't get your shit approved.

That's the problem. It's a man's business. It's not a fucking game. It's his living.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby Boston » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:32 am

sweet

W woes could cost Hub $10M | Prudential argues for foreclosure
http://www.bostonherald.com/business/ge ... id=1295047

Boston
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:13 pm

Oh, you mean people don't want to overspend to live in Boston's version of Times Square c. 1985?
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:59 pm

“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby random internet username » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:03 pm

does anyone know whats up with the 5 cop detail every morning at the north washington street bridge intersection? i have a longstanding anger issue towards police traffic details but this one is really bothering me. why are they there? and why are two more up at the 93 on ramp? such a waste of money.
random internet username
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Giggles » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:48 am

It's because of the bridge work being done further on down the Charles.

I personally love it. They should have a detail there full time. Granted 2 cops probably aren't needed, but at least now dipshits can't take that illegal left turn before the bridge backing up traffic for everyone. My commute takes 1/2 the time it used to.

I've never seen more than two cops there at 8am, but I agree that's one too many.
Giggles

Postby rearadmiral » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:01 am

I wanted to strangle this twat about two weeks ago there. I was coming up Endicott and the douche in front of me was taking the illegal left onto N. Washington. But instead of pulling/staying way over to the left and allowing those behind her to proceed in the legal direction through the light, bitch is over to right and there's no way to get past her. So I basically stared at a green light while this dipshit waited to make an illegal turn (that she ended up taking while light was red), not to mention she had a few cracks at it but no balls. Typical.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Giggles » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:09 am

Welcome to my every morning.

What's funny now is that the left lane northbound will sit empty because nobody wants to get stuck behind "that guy."

There's a cop there now so the road can run as it was intended.
Giggles

Postby rearadmiral » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:25 am

I went from SB to CT the other night and hugged the water the whole way---that was my go-to route when the big green lizard had traffic, which was half the time. That stretch from just before Hanover St. up til Causeway sucks. I started taking the Museum exit and going over the Prison Point to avoid it (haven't touched that exit since bridge repair but I only use it for outbound).

You should take the right onto Commercial to go over the C'town Bridge. Less lights, less gridlock, more speed, a right on red at the bridge, and you don't have to worry about #257, illegal left turn-taking bitches.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

PreviousNext

Return to Misc