City & State Shit

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Postby Boston » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:14 pm

because so many people out there know/give a shit about the difference between Allston and Brighton.

Law, partners see Harpers Ferry as Music Hall
In a surprise move, concert promoter Don Law and his partners are seeking to take over Harpers Ferry nightclub. The 340-capacity Harpers would become a so-called feeder club for the Paradise, which is owned by Law and his partners, Joe Dunne and Declan Mehigan. “We need a club that is a first step, and we think this would work so acts would then grow into the Paradise,’’ says Law. (The newly renovated Paradise now has a capacity of 850.) Up next for Law, who is acting apart from his affiliation with Live Nation: a series of meetings with the Allston Civic Association and Boston Licensing Board. If all goes well, says Dunne, the new club — tentatively dubbed the Brighton Music Hall — would open in mid-December. As for renaming an Allston club the Brighton Music Hall, Law says: “I don’t know if it’s Allston or Brighton, but it’s close enough for rock ’n’ roll.’
Boston
Title Town

Postby vtexposfan » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:02 am

Hey, MassHighway, if you're going to close 93 for maintenance, how about recalibrating the surface signals so that I don't have to wait three fucking minutes to go from the South Station exit to South Station?

If you're going to detour the traffic off 93, it doesn't evaporate into thin air. Keep it moving.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:10 pm

Head of the Charles Regatta: a (half) Boston event that .004% of Boston actually gives a fuck about.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby MIKAELGM » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:16 pm

Hey, to whomever peed in Vtexpos' cheerios, thanks for an entertaining day on the board
MIKAELGM
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby Boston » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:04 pm

like VTex was going to do anything important with those three minutes.............................................................................

Also, lump in the Head of the Charles with St. Patrick's Day and Marathon Monday as Amateur Hour.

What a joke.
Boston
Title Town

Postby Sim » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:10 pm

NYE = quintessential amateur hour.
Sim
PostDemPixls

Postby Boston » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:12 pm

Sim wrote:NYE = quintessential amateur hour.

shit, forgot about that, thank you
Boston
Title Town

Postby Boston » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:51 pm

nice work by the city, stupid idea anyway

Jerry Remy's Plan to Double Down Is a Bust
Jerry Remy's opened shop in Fenway as a 325-seat steakhouse. The sports bar has since rocked the boat with Fenway residents by seeking to add a rooftop bar that would double the restaurant’s seating capacity. The Herald reports today that City Hall and the BRA (Boston Redevelopment Authority) oppose the expansion on the grounds that "The city’s zoning code does not allow separate bar areas with standing room without dining ... It’s not something we feel comfortable with and neither does the community." (Unless they are watching sports — in a ballpark, specifically.)

Remy’s review before the licensing board today is most likely to get the smackdown if precedent plays a role in any of this. The city rejected a similar proposal by Cask ‘n Flagon for a 440-seat roof deck. While decks on sports bars meet with disapproval, City Council President Michael Ross singles out Tasty Burger, Cambridge 1, and Basho as welcome additions to the hood, noting "These new restaurants are drawing not just a baseball crowd, but a year-round crowd." Whoa, watch out Red Sox Nation.
Boston
Title Town

Postby vtexposfan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:06 pm

The city's zoning code is a bunch of shit.

OMG HE'S DRINKING A BEER WITHOUT EATING SOMETHING HE'S GOING TO VOMIT ON MY PORCH

Get fucked, Licensing Board.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby B Luc » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:46 pm

something we agree on
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby Boston » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:58 am

good for the city

I am sick of Nail Salons laughing all the way to the bank with impunity

City wants to nail salon owners with new fee
http://bostonherald.com/business/genera ... position=1
Boston
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:45 pm

I was posting this for the video but the comments are pretty funny.

http://www.universalhub.com/glossary/co ... ent-148921
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Boston » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:39 pm

this should be good

Bridge out ahead | Key part of O’Brien Highway inbound to shut
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... _tomorrow/

Boston
Title Town

Postby cool_hand » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:41 pm

Boston wrote:nice work by the city, stupid idea anyway

Jerry Remy's Plan to Double Down Is a Bust
Jerry Remy's opened shop in Fenway as a 325-seat steakhouse. The sports bar has since rocked the boat with Fenway residents by seeking to add a rooftop bar that would double the restaurant’s seating capacity. The Herald reports today that City Hall and the BRA (Boston Redevelopment Authority) oppose the expansion on the grounds that "The city’s zoning code does not allow separate bar areas with standing room without dining ... It’s not something we feel comfortable with and neither does the community." (Unless they are watching sports — in a ballpark, specifically.)

Remy’s review before the licensing board today is most likely to get the smackdown if precedent plays a role in any of this. The city rejected a similar proposal by Cask ‘n Flagon for a 440-seat roof deck. While decks on sports bars meet with disapproval, City Council President Michael Ross singles out Tasty Burger, Cambridge 1, and Basho as welcome additions to the hood, noting "These new restaurants are drawing not just a baseball crowd, but a year-round crowd." Whoa, watch out Red Sox Nation.

Doesnt the Baseball Tavern have one? Who from that operation is sucking Menino's cock?
cool_hand
Serious Stoolie

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:09 pm

There was a pre-existing roof deck when the Tavern moved to the current location and it does not hold anywhere close to 440 people.

And Remy withdrew because he doesn't want to piss off the neighbors (any further) not because he won't blow Menino. Menino does whatever Sox want (i.e. make civilains require ticket to Sox game just to walk down Yawkey Way during a game).
rearadmiral
I post a lot

PreviousNext

Return to Misc