Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Postby Ronnie B » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:27 pm

My mother witnessed this this morning
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/25 ... etail.html
"Get it ticket" - Paul Pierce to KG during a rebound 3-16-2011
Ronnie B
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby Section 40 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:37 pm

Holy Shnikees. Your mother is very lucky, What if the nut didn't want to kill himself and decided to start blasting everyone like the Cop and the Verizon guy that helped the cop and anyone else who happened to be in the area? How the fuck to you get a cops gun away from him?
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby tballa55 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Damn Ronnie I'm so sorry to hear that your mother was in Lynn.
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby Ronnie B » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Hahaha , she works there.
"Get it ticket" - Paul Pierce to KG during a rebound 3-16-2011
Ronnie B
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:10 am

Free $ being spent on booze, butts, and gambling.

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/v ... position=0
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Boston » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:41 am

Colono's brother seems like a quality individual.

Also: Pring-Wilson got a raw deal

Suspect charged in ‘horrific’ invasion
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/region ... _invasion/
Boston
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:54 am

I don't remember hearing about that when it happened. Rambo stabbed the wrong brother.

But I may have been in a self-imposed media blackout.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Boston » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:12 am

rearadmiral wrote:I don't remember hearing about that when it happened. Rambo stabbed the wrong brother.

But I may have been in a self-imposed media blackout.

is this sarcasm? need to double check.
Boston
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:23 am

Honestly, I don't remember the home invasion (I'd have remembered those awful details). And sometimes I do go a few days ignoring local coverage.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Boston » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:25 am

rearadmiral wrote:Honestly, I don't remember the home invasion (I'd have remembered those awful details). And sometimes I do go a few days ignoring local coverage.

I thought you meant the Pring-Wilson thing, cause that story was HUGE when it happened.
Boston
Title Town

Postby Boston » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:23 am

probably the wrong guy to rob...twice.

Also, cut it out SS.

Chayet home stripped for second time
A year after two crooks were caught stealing the copper gutters from Neil Chayet’s historic home in Salem, two more bandits have been busted trying to take the valuable downspouts. “I’m feeling like we should have a copper company on retainer,’’ says Chayet, whose “Looking at the Law’’ radio commentaries air on WBZ-AM and about 100 other stations nationwide. “This is very discouraging.’’ Last time it happened, the culprits were arrested at gunpoint after stripping the gutters from Chayet’s meticulously restored 1811 house. (It’s the former home of US Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story.)

In that case, Chayet showed compassion. The pair were ordered to perform community service, pay restitution, and write a letter of apology. “But there’s been nothing — they never paid anything or wrote the letter,’’ he says. In the latest heist, which took place last week, Chayet and his wife were sleeping when they heard metal being pulled from the building. Chayet dialed 911 and within two minutes the police arrived. Arrested were Steven Kenney and Joshua Boschard, both of Beverly. “We put the gutters up, they steal them, we put them up, they steal them,’’ says Chayet. Will he be compassionate this time? “I’m not inclined to be, no,’’ he says.
Boston
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:53 pm

The takeover from within marches on...

http://www.boston.com/news/education/k_ ... m_holiday/

Shocked it was Cambridge. And those first few paragraphs are LULZ. The Globe trying to sell the oppressed Muslim angle.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby vtexposfan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:31 am

I like this. Again, this is not 1890. Schools no longer need to prepare people for work on farms or in factories. The idea that somebody needs to sit in a classroom from 8 AM until 3 PM every weekday for 9 months with vacations in February is a laugh riot.

That said, RA is right...the opening paragraphs are a crock of shit. It's a day of school. Ooh, you're being deprived of one day of lectures. Borrow somebody else's notes and catch up on the reading. It's fucking grade school. You're not missing a whole lot in one day. Trust me. I spent 13 years in public schools. I can count on one hand the things I learned that I use today. But hey, cost me nothing...I got what I paid for.

I think it's cool that you're a different religion from the majority, but you're still the minority, and the calendar in the real world isn't going to be based on your beliefs. The real world is certainly not akin to the Cambridge, Massachusetts school system, and Cambridge does these kids a disservice by letting them believe otherwise.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby random internet username » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:50 am

All of the Jewish holy days will naturally become holidays for all students, correct?
random internet username
Alt-Tab Master

Postby random internet username » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:29 am

in fact after non-careful review it appears that Cambridge denotes 1 day for jew and 1 day for muslim. however, with the muslim making up such a small fraction of the cambridge demographic one can only assume wicken holidays are next on the agenda.
random internet username
Alt-Tab Master

PreviousNext

Return to Misc