Finance

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Postby AY » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:43 pm

POS = point of sale terminal

Most people don't carry cash nowadays, so you can't really divvy things up that way.

Again, I've NEVER come across a server that had trouble with multiple tickets. Trying to run multiple cards on one ticket probably makes it harder.

The only time I ask for one check is if I'm picking up the tab.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby BS1 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:49 pm

nothing wrong at all with seperate cheks.....especially when there are 5 couples and only 2 carry cash....is what it is
It is what it is......
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Boston wrote:I don't consider splitting it up on cards "separate checks"

But it would still be X # of transactions, no? Like yeah, the girl knows and is cool with it but still has to run X # of cards?

Maybe I'm too long out of the game to know that the servers really don't give a fuck about ringing up 7 checks instead of one because of the technology making it so easy.

At least the work prepared me for my work in "The Town".
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby random internet username » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:22 pm

i don't like going out to eat with people who take out a calculator and figure out what they owe from the bill. if you go out to eat with friends you pay equal portions it is just easier. or you pay for the whole thing and they get you back later on. i'm not a fan of the to a tee people. they are usually the same people who tip like shit and then i have to make up for their tip so i don't feel like a dickhead when the server comes by. these people usually take forever to order, ask too many questions and annoy the server which as a result makes me feel like i have to be extra nice to the server and i absolutely hate fake nice because the server can see right through it. just a shitty overall experience with these types of people.
random internet username
Alt-Tab Master

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:23 pm

^^^

Gospel
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Sim » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:33 pm

Spot on.
Sim
PostDemPixls

Postby MCA » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:38 pm

BS1 wrote:nothing wrong at all with seperate cheks.....especially when there are 5 couples and only 2 carry cash....is what it is

I don't think I've ever gone out w/ a couple who asked for separate checks and rest assured if they did it would be the last time.

Unless you mean "splitting it on 2 cards." But if you don't mean that, you're awful.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby longpolelax » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:40 pm

- System at my bar is prehistoric and I don't give a shit about running X cards for any bill, or doing any amount of separate checks. Someone did have a good point earlier about it be annoying trying to figure out (or needing to ask) what goes on whose bill when a dish is being split across checks.

- It's actually quicker and easier to run a card because then I don't have to look back to see if people are leaving cash.

- Where tipping on a card becomes annoying is when claiming tips (no shit). All of the card tips are visible on a closing report. I work with someone else generally, so I look to claim about 7.5% of sales (15% for the two of us). If we've made more than that on cards alone, then we can't go with the 15% number.

- Where tipping on a card also becomes annoying is when people overtip. I worked at a corporate restaurant with a closing report that called out any debit card tips over 25%. If you're getting hooked up and want to leave a good tip, please use cash for that.
Last edited by longpolelax on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
longpolelax
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby MCA » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Are the people you hang out with this retarded?

I take the bill....add in 20%...and tell everybody at my table "Its 60 a couple."

Gather the money or cards, and tell the server "Put 60 on each card."

Done and done.

I feel even better about it if its a myth that the tip on the card fucks the server.
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby random internet username » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:44 pm

giggles i always write cash on the line if i'm leaving a cash tip but i only do it out of distrust in the server. i also take the customer copy whenever my wife leaves it because i feel like the server could just add extra tip and there is nothing i could do or notice for that matter.
random internet username
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Sim » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:44 pm

MCA wrote:Are the people you hang out with this retarded?

I take the bill....add in 20%...and tell everybody at my table "Its 60 a couple."

Gather the money or cards, and tell the server "Put 60 on each card."

Done and done. .

100%.

And this is the exact reason why there is a fuck-up sometimes with included gratuity. Wrong person grabs the check, adds in 20%, doesn't look, tells everyone what they owe, people are drinking and talking, next thing you know, you've double tipped. Again, table's fault, but sucks the same.
Sim
PostDemPixls

Postby MCA » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:45 pm

random internet username wrote:giggles i always write cash on the line if i'm leaving a cash tip but i only do it out of distrust in the server.

cosign
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby random internet username » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:45 pm

longpolelax wrote:- Where tipping on a card also becomes annoying is when people overtip. I worked at a corporate restaurant with a closing report that called out any debit card tips over 25%. If you're getting hooked up and want to leave a good tip, please use cash for that.

wow.

good to know. the server actually doesnt like it when i tip them 30%.

"don't tip me big unless you do it in cash" what a dick this guy is lol.
random internet username
Alt-Tab Master

Postby longpolelax » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Good system I worked with had the option to place a line at the bottom"

"Suggested 18% Gratuity: "

I'd circle it and move along. Don't think I ever got less than that, but often got a hell of a lot more.
longpolelax
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby longpolelax » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:47 pm

random internet username wrote:"don't tip me big unless you do it in cash" what a dick this guy is lol.

Yes, dick. If you're getting hooked up, don't call that out.
longpolelax
Stoolie 4 Life

PreviousNext

Return to Misc