Phones

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Postby Ted Striker » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:59 pm

Droid X is sick. Voice recognition feature is off the charts. Needed directions to a business yesterday, didn't know the address, just said "Navigate to business name, city, state" and boom, I had my directions.
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless
Ted Striker
Serious Stoolie

Postby Ronnie B » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:07 am

tballa55 wrote:Can't wait till they realize the mistake and you get a $500 bill.

i like stories too.

FACT
"Get it ticket" - Paul Pierce to KG during a rebound 3-16-2011
Ronnie B
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby Spencer Pratt » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:20 pm

Ted Striker wrote:Droid X is sick. Voice recognition feature is off the charts. Needed directions to a business yesterday, didn't know the address, just said "Navigate to business name, city, state" and boom, I had my directions.

New Droid incredible HD is supposed to be coming out on Nov 23, might wait for that one.
Spencer Pratt
PostDemPixls

Postby longpolelax » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Pandora on iPhone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pandora on the computer.

Holy fucking ads.
longpolelax
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby BS1 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:31 pm

my buddy just got the BB Torch...I will be getting one tomorrow
It is what it is......
BS1

Postby B Luc » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:26 pm

Been thinking about switching back to a BB and getting the torch. still on the fence, though.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby DB » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:28 pm

Anyone trying to text me in the past week my BB is all F*d up in case I'm not responding.

Droid 2, Droid X or Samsung Fascinate? Mix in some pros/cons of all them. Likely get a new one by the end of the week. Verizon sending me a Storm 2 on Tuesday since my Storm broke.
80% of the globe is covered by water. The rest is covered by Albert Louis Jean
DB
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Ronnie B » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:53 pm

DB wrote:Anyone trying to text me in the past week my BB is all F*d up in case I'm not responding.

Droid 2, Droid X or Samsung Fascinate? Mix in some pros/cons of all them. Likely get a new one by the end of the week. Verizon sending me a Storm 2 on Tuesday since my Storm broke.

Storm 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Storm1
"Get it ticket" - Paul Pierce to KG during a rebound 3-16-2011
Ronnie B

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:30 pm

iPhone >>>> latest incarnation of BB or any other smartphone
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Spencer Pratt » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:59 pm

Droid X and the new ones coming out are giving the Iphone a run for its money
Spencer Pratt
PostDemPixls

Postby MCA » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:00 pm

These arguments are retarded.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:01 pm

Spencer Pratt wrote:Droid X and the new ones coming out are giving the Iphone a run for its money

And the iPhone holds the football in their faces as it struts into the end zone.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Ted Striker » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:19 pm

DB wrote:Anyone trying to text me in the past week my BB is all F*d up in case I'm not responding.

Droid 2, Droid X or Samsung Fascinate?

Love the Droid X. Get the Droid 2 if you really want a keyboard, otherwise they are all very similar. All these touchscreen smartphones (including the iPhone) are basically the same.
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless
Ted Striker
Serious Stoolie

Postby MIKAELGM » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:07 am

I have a droid2 (obviously) and after i (manually) updated with the new OTA its almost bugless and suuuuuuper quick and like 30% better on battery life... but to offer a real opinion on what you should get i would need a list of what cant live with out on your phone...

I loved my Moto 1 had had it perfectly dialed when i smashed it, its taken me a week to get the new one to where i want it to be and now i kinda have to start over do to the update, but at the same time, the 3g coverage, wifi settings, drastically extended battery life, and fixes totally made it worth it.

That being said, the X and the 2 are almost identical, only slightly different processors (the only difference is that the X can video record in 720p HD) and has a slightly bigger screen, but the D2 has a full keyboard.

Voice search is unreal and really really handy, as is swype.
MIKAELGM
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby Boston » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:36 pm

[quote]Verizon Undercuts AT&T with $70 Unlimited Text and Data Plan
Verizon Wireless is testing a new cellular plan that offers unlimited text and data to a limited group of customers for $70. Is it just a one-time promotion by the nation’s largest wireless carrier, or is it the beginning of a new pricing plan that undercuts its main competition?

The new plan offers 450 monthly minutes and unlimited Verizon mobile-to-mobile, texting and data. It’s not available on Verizon’s website, though; you have to call the number specified in the promotional e-mail to get the plan.

The deal only applies to those who received the e-mail; if you call the number and didn’t get the promotion, Verizon’s computers will know. Buying the same plan on Verizon’s website will cost you $90 ($40 for the minutes + $20 for text + $30 for data).

The carrier is also offering a discounted Family SharePlan for $140, which includes 1,400 minutes and unlimited data, text and Verizon mobile-to-mobile; it costs $20 per month to add an additional line.

As Boy Genius Report points out, the plan looks very similar to Sprint’s “Everything Dataâ€
Boston
Title Town

PreviousNext

Return to Misc