Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Postby Boston » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:36 pm

The Impeccable Timing Of The Verizon iPhone Rumors
http://techcrunch.com/2010/10/06/iphone ... yes-again/
Boston
Title Town

Postby SS » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:18 pm

B Luc wrote:
Boston wrote:'Sexting' ends in tragedy for 13-year-old girl.
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2010/bullyi ... tml?hpt=C1

Jesus. Talk about sad.

scary. i have a very similar case right now.
the long national nightmare is over.
SS
Title Town

Postby MCA » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:40 pm

pics
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby SS » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:45 pm

they've been confiscated by a local police dept...

well after the fact, so i'm sure they're still out there

if that's your thing
SS
Title Town

Postby GodofThunder » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:48 pm

MCA wrote:pics

:shock: :shock:
GodofThunder
PostDemPixls

Postby tony billy boy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:49 pm

similar case - why are you sexting?
i've been in prison for 25 years. Out for 3 days.
tony billy boy
Not Banned Yet

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:03 am

I get collection agencies calling my landline every so often. 95% of the time I ignore them but once in awhile, if I want to have my # taken off their list and want to entertain myself, I'll answer it to fuck with them.

They're stalking somebody I know (and can't stand) but I won't still won't snitch on them. Instead of getting aggravated, I just assume a character when I answer and pump them for info. I used Mrs. Doubtfire this morning and it's funny how polite a surly person becomes when they think you're an elderly British woman. Speech impediments, sounding like you're disabled, and acting like a child work like a charm too. Fuck them and they're unsolicited, ill-timed intrusions into my life.

I should figure out how to record them for a Jerky Boys blog.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby B Luc » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:11 am

SS wrote:they've been confiscated by a local police dept...

if that's your thing

Exactly how old are we talking about?
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby Boston » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:05 pm

Boston
Title Town

Postby MCA » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:13 pm

B Luc wrote:
SS wrote:they've been confiscated by a local police dept...

if that's your thing

Exactly how old are we talking about?

what he said.

I didn't read the article.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby mcm » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:18 pm

rearadmiral wrote:I get collection agencies calling my landline every so often. 95% of the time I ignore them but once in awhile, if I want to have my # taken off their list and want to entertain myself, I'll answer it to fuck with them.

They're stalking somebody I know (and can't stand) but I won't still won't snitch on them. Instead of getting aggravated, I just assume a character when I answer and pump them for info. I used Mrs. Doubtfire this morning and it's funny how polite a surly person becomes when they think you're an elderly British woman. Speech impediments, sounding like you're disabled, and acting like a child work like a charm too. Fuck them and they're unsolicited, ill-timed intrusions into my life.

collection agencies will call friends of the people they are going after? i've never heard of that what good does that do?

i have no use for a landline, but i have one because of the FIOS bundle deal, and the only time we ever answer it is if its one of our parents (they're the only ones that we know who actually call it)
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby SS » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:02 pm

my case is of similar age.

and by similar i mean exact.
SS
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:09 pm

mcm wrote:
rearadmiral wrote:I get collection agencies calling my landline every so often. 95% of the time I ignore them but once in awhile, if I want to have my # taken off their list and want to entertain myself, I'll answer it to fuck with them.

I have a landline. Parents still use 'em too. Also, they're a guarantee in an emergency---cell phones are great but they're not batting 1.000. 911 on a landline gets your local police STAT, not connected to Staties who then have to notify Boston (or wherever you live). I also use it when I know I'm gonna be on for a little while. I'm convinced there is sadly going to be a rise in brain tumors in the next 10-20 directly because of cell phone usage so I try to reduce the amount of time I hold a cell phone to my skull (speakerphone doesn't work so great). Plus, I'm old school.

collection agencies will call friends of the people they are going after? i've never heard of that what good does that do?

i have no use for a landline, but i have one because of the FIOS bundle deal, and the only time we ever answer it is if its one of our parents (they're the only ones that we know who actually call it)

Holy shit, they hound you until you literally tell them to fucking screw. Collection agencies are ballsy assholes who straddle, and cross, the lines of legality (at least the ones calling for this particular person*---there are a bunch of collectors hence the constant calls from various area codes). They very deceptive, don't say where they're from, try to pump you for info, get rude, and are basically doing whatever they can to get a lead on the person they're looking for. Example, "Are you at 123 Anywhere St. right now?". "If you don't know her then why are you asking what it's regarding?". Fuck you cunt, you're calling my fucking house, during the fucking game, to boot.

One time, my old lady said, "This is her" and they asked when she was going to pay her department store CC tab and she kept goading them into giving her more info before saying, "Oh this is Katherine O'Leary not Kathleen O'Leary" (name changed to protect innocent).

It's not a 'Do Not Call' issue either. They're hired guns trying to hunt somebody down. And rather than letting it drive me crazy, I just going into Jerky Boys mode on the spot to absolutely fuck with the rude cocksucker on the other end (I get they're "just doing their job" but, again, they're ballsy and rude and calling your house in error). They take my # off and it's quiet for a bit. But eventually, one of the outstanding debts get picked up somewhere else or ends up on somebody else's desk (variety of area codes makes me think this). I really do want to figure out the best way to record the calls because they'd make for a fantastic blog.

*particular person has made life miserable for everyone in his/her circle and gets or receives no quarter. Not going to throw under bus or feed to lions. Just let nature take it course.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Mr. X » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:20 pm

The one time I ever had an account go to collections I paid the original creditor (I think it was a cell phone bill, this was a long time ago) instead of the collection agency. Maybe 2 days after I mailed the check they called me. I told them I mailed the check to the cell phone company. They got all pissed because it cost them a commission. I told them to go screw.
The Orangemen are just a rock-solid, consistent winner that hasn't suffered a losing season since 1968-69.
Mr. X
Alt-Tab Master

Postby TchotchkeBG » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Right after graduation I got some calls from an agency collecting for Columbia House. I ordered up enough CDs to fulfill my obligation but never received them. I figured they just never caught up with me with graduation and moving, so I turned the tables on them and asked where my damned CDs were. They didn't have an answer for me and stopped calling.
<i>Men like sports. Men watch the action movie, they eat of the beef, and they enjoy to look at the bosoms. </i>
- Xander Harris
TchotchkeBG
MWB

PreviousNext

Return to Misc