i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby Boston » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:01 pm

Boston
Title Town

Postby KW » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:05 pm

MCA wrote:I hope sim gets dropped.

+925 that he just skips rope and shadow boxes.
I'm havin a good time, Jacques Martin's tryin to ruin it.
KW
Title Town

Postby Sim » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Maybe I should get professionally fitted for boxing gloves before I start. Don't want to get blisters or hurt myself permanently.
Sim
PostDemPixls

Postby mcm » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:32 pm

^^ Nok Su Kau
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:34 pm

KW wrote:
MCA wrote:I hope sim gets dropped.

+925 that he just skips rope and shadow boxes.

So you think he's really gonna box then?
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Sim » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:35 pm

Seriously.

RA, don't entertain the comments from the clueless rail.
Sim
PostDemPixls

Postby InternetCowboy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:55 am

mcm wrote:i don't know if you are serious or not but i'd rather have my leg amputated than wear those.

they look like aqua-sox or whatever those shoes are that people wear in the ocean

Was being dead serious. Even if you don't like them running (you will), they are hands down the most comfortable thing you can put on your feet.

These things will dramatically lower injury risk, strengthen muscles you never even knew you had in your feet, and I'm not kidding when I say this...great conversation starter with women (you laugh, but it's true).

You don't need to wear socks, and when they start to smell, pop them in the washing machine with a little detergent and they'll come out smelling new. They last a lot longer than normal running shoes.

I'd never in a million years go back to wearing bulky/heavy running shoes. The most natural way for mankind to run is barefoot...and these things are the closest thing to that.
Last edited by InternetCowboy on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That just happened!!!"
InternetCowboy
Professional Bike Rider

Postby InternetCowboy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:00 am

mcm wrote:
Boston wrote:honest question:

anyone have any specific fitness goals to start the year? Lose x amount of pounds, run x amount of miles, etc?

lose 15 lbs. Get a pair of running shoes that cures my shin splints. Complete Boston marathon.

mcm, I had serious shin splint problems in college playing soccer. I tried a lot of different things to get rid of them. Best solution I found was going the minimalist method for running. Less is more when it comes to shoes...if you can get over what some shoes looks like, and instead care about how your feet/ankles/knees/hamstrings/hips feel...you'll wear pink shoes with ribbons if it meant all the pain going away.

Seriously though, if you are totally against the VFF's, try starting out with a pair of Nike Free's. I ran my first few marathons in those, and they were the start to my shin splints disappearing. I haven't had them in 10 years since college.
"That just happened!!!"
InternetCowboy
Professional Bike Rider

Postby Boston » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:47 pm

kudos to USA Today for throwing a spotlight on these assholes.

Gym newcomers should resolve to follow etiquette
http://www.usatoday.com/yourlife/fitnes ... ette_N.htm

1. Share. "If you see somebody using something you'd like, ask them if you can use it" or set up a rotation, said Luke Aduddell, vice president and owner of the Aspen Athletic Clubs, where he occasionally sees members get territorial. "You'll have some people who use only one certain treadmill, that's for sure."

2. Respect people's space. In areas for stretching, group aerobics or anywhere else that tends to get crowded, maintain a jumping-jack distance from the next person for the sake of safety and basic courtesy.

3. Pick up after yourself. Don't leave clothes or gym bags lying around the equipment, and make sure to re-rack weights after you use them. Just think: The person after you probably won't be nearly strong enough to handle them.

4. Wipe off the machines. Nothing's quite as gross as sitting down in a puddle of sweat, so grab a spray bottle and a towel to wipe off the equipment after you use it. And if you see someone else forget, politely ask them to do the same.

5. Smell nice. Breathable cotton clothing and deodorant are your friends. Get to know them.

6. Don't wear street shoes. The sand and grit your shoes pick up outside can end up in the treadmills, which eventually results in another Out of Order sign. Fitness World East's Tewell recommends changing into a pair of shoes that you only wear at the gym.

7. Use inside voices. Training requires concentration, and loud conversations on the gym floor can ruin a set of reps. Save long talks, in person or on your cellphone, for another time.

8. Keep your opinions to yourself. The only people who should correct someone's form are gym employees. Despite its setting in a public space, working out is a personal thing.

9. Ask for help. If you don't know how to use a piece of equipment, don't hesitate to ask a staffer to show you how. That's why they're there.

10. Cover up. Even if you've got it, don't flaunt it on the gym floor or in the locker room. Try to leave at least a little to the imagination.
Boston
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:28 pm

A gym with paid membership is considered a public space?
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby mcm » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:33 pm

there's a group of brazilians who work out together at my gym and leave the weights on everything they use. I don't mind if you leave a 45 on each side of the bench press bar or on a leg press but leaving 3 plates on a Smith machine GTFOOH
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:49 pm

They don't pick up plates unless there's food on them.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby BS1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:45 pm

It is what it is......
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby Boston » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:00 am

rearadmiral wrote:A gym with paid membership is considered a public space?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NrHVaSrnPM
Boston
Title Town

PreviousNext

Return to Misc