Let's Continue to Shit on Lazy, Clueless Media

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Postby Giggles » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:27 pm

Soooooo which one of you guys is going to subscribe to the pay site and ctrl-v all the articles on the board? Any takers?
Giggles
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby Boston » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:30 pm

Boston
Title Town

Postby B Luc » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:34 pm

Old Scratch wrote:A age 17, Martin was arrested for stealing an iPod in the South End while packing a gun. He later pleaded guilty to unarmed robbery and was sentenced to three years probation.

I read something earlier about Martin getting pinched for wielding a BB gun and stealing an iPod in the south end. The same article stated that he was turning his life around…something about being in school and a hunger for knowledge. Who knows, I didn’t know the kid personally.
Old Scratch wrote: The cops right now believe this is a drug deal (weed) gone bad. If it turns out to be anything other than that, I stand corrected. But it seems to me a drug deal over weed "gone bad" isn't someone going down to the corner to pick up a dime bag and getting something with a bunch of sticks and stones; more like moving a large amount with a good chunk of cash. I'm a writer by trade. If I were writing a plausible plot line for this scenario, I'd go with dudes A try to do big pot deal with dudes B, dudes A try to pull the wool over the eyes of Dudes B, dudes A leave the scene thinking they got away with it, Dudes B realize they've been had and get totally pissed, Dudes B hunt down Dudes A, Dudes B grease Dudes A and all associated personnel (i.e., mom, toddler) in horrific fashion because they are evil and want to send a "message" to future Dudes A not to eff with them.

Your plot line sounds like something out a movie. I think there was another personal element to it beyond a drug deal. I know some very very bad people, and most of them would punish their own flesh and blood for killing a kid. Even among most criminals there are some lines you don’t cross.
Old Scratch wrote: I'm sure the majority of people who live in Mattapan are good people who just want to live their lives and be left alone. But the problem seems to be it's fairly difficult to live in Mattapan and be left alone: this shit gets tossed on your doorstep on a daily basis. It's up to the majority of good people who live in Mattapan to take a stand and put an end to it. The cops can help, and so can outsiders, but until the people of Mattapan say "no mas," it really doesn't matter what outside forces do. This shit happens in Mattapan because the perps know they can get away with it in Mattapan. The math here is fairly simple.

Having grown up in Mattapan, I can tell you that what you say is easier said than done. A majority of people in Mattapan don’t want the violence and don’t support the violence. And saying “no masâ€
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby Old Scratch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:31 pm

B Luc wrote:Your plot line sounds like something out a movie. I think there was another personal element to it beyond a drug deal. I know some very very bad people, and most of them would punish their own flesh and blood for killing a kid. Even among most criminals there are some lines you don’t cross.

Well, it's probably a bit melodramatic but nonetheless, it's a fairly plausible scenario. I do think you have a point, too: perhaps there was a very personal element to it . . . the victims were naked or half-naked. I'm not sure why the perps would do that other than to (a) humiliate the victims before they died or (b) make sure they didn't have any weapons. I'm thinking the mother and child were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

[quote="B Luc"]Having grown up in Mattapan, I can tell you that what you say is easier said than done. A majority of people in Mattapan don’t want the violence and don’t support the violence. And saying “no masâ€
Beat Army
Old Scratch
Professional Bike Rider

Postby rearadmiral » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:50 pm

Not shitting on here, but praising. Good for the St. Pete Times for doing this. They should track down the commenter. Victim appears to be a Mass guy.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/obituaries ... ay/1124721
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:33 am

Guy sends out 'ideas' email with links including an Onion video that has actors playing strippers. Naturally, he had to apologize.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ ... 4756.story
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Old Scratch » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:07 am

Gotta love this bread & circus story from today's Globe.

The economy's teetering, we're fighting in endless foreign wars all over the place, the country's on the brink of socio-economic collapse . . . and the Globe finds fit to put a story about a moonbat wanting to show off her titties in public on the front page.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2010/10/15/a_twist_on_equality_laws/?p1=News_links

BTW, her occupation, according to the story, is "amateur artist." Age 39.
Beat Army
Old Scratch
Professional Bike Rider

Postby Giggles » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:12 am

Not to mention the fact that she lives in the Berkshires. Way to stay topical, Globe.
Giggles
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby vtexposfan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:59 am

She has titties?
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby GodofThunder » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:01 pm

Whore
GodofThunder
PostDemPixls

Postby Boston » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:44 pm

Tri-Delta sorority aims to ditch ‘fat talk’
http://www.dailyfreepress.com/news/tri- ... -1.2373733

Boston
Title Town

Postby B Luc » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:13 pm

Is that chick getting pinched by a bunch of carpet munchers supposed to be fat?
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby Boston » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:17 pm

by BU standards? yes
Boston
Title Town

Postby B Luc » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:42 pm

At least 3 of those arms are chubbier than her. fact.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby Boston » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:00 pm

Bostonians open up about the homophobia, fear, and isolation they endured as teens — and how they made it through
http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/article ... t_through/
Boston
Title Town

PreviousNext

Return to Misc