Let's Continue to Shit on Lazy, Clueless Media

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:07 pm

Boston wrote:have they checked Locke Ober? (cc @rearadmiral)

Police Search For Missing Teen In Dedham
http://wbztv.com/local/missing.teen.ded ... 37767.html

Ross Oparowski, 14, of Elkin, New Hampshire was last seen at 8:30 a.m. by staff members at the Noble and Greenough School – a day and boarding school in Dedham for students ages 7 though 14.

Rich white kid = fire up the chopper

Poor black kid = post it online
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Boston » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:27 am

Globe to offer two websites: one free, one pay
http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/2 ... News_links
Boston
Title Town

Postby Section 40 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:38 am

rearadmiral wrote:Rich white kid = fire up the chopper

4 people were slaughtered in Mattapan, including a 2 year old shot in his mothers arms, a few days back. I'm still wondering where the outrage is/was over this. A 2 year old baby shot to death in his mothers arms. WTF?

Contrast that with the white asshole in Winchester that killed his whole family a month or two ago, a story that led the news for a week.
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Old Scratch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:50 am

Section 40 wrote:
rearadmiral wrote:Rich white kid = fire up the chopper

4 people were slaughtered in Mattapan, including a 2 year old shot in his mothers arms, a few days back. I'm still wondering where the outrage is/was over this. A 2 year old baby shot to death in his mothers arms. WTF?

Contrast that with the white asshole in Winchester that killed his whole family a month or two ago, a story that led the news for a week.

???

It's been front-page news on the Globe and Herald website ever since it happened.
Beat Army
Old Scratch
Professional Bike Rider

Postby Sim » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:01 pm

Yeah, it couldn't be more all over the news. Swing and a miss there.
Sim
PostDemPixls

Postby K-G » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:03 pm

I assume he was being sarcastic???
lugnutz wrote:See as I have explained before I never had to take English in high school or college....others did it for me. So I my writing skills are lacking.
K-G
PostDemPixls

Postby Boston » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:06 pm

I would like some clarification from Section40, there's been plenty of outrage, and rightly so.
Boston
Title Town

Postby Boston » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:14 pm

Also,

Not everyone in the city is outraged
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/edito ... _outraged/
Boston
Title Town

Postby Section 40 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:17 pm

Maybe I should have said that there doesn''t seem to be as much informatio being put out as in the Winchester case. They knew who did that right from the start and went on a worlwide manhunt for this guy. His face was splashed all over. It just seems to me that there isn't the same level of intensity with the Mattapan crime. Of course as you guys have pointed out I could be wrong. Its just my perception.
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Old Scratch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:44 pm

Boston wrote:Also,

Not everyone in the city is outraged
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/edito ... _outraged/

Wow, a decent piece by Joan.

And Rivers is partially right:

“If black people do not care enough to fight and organize against terrorism in their community that looks like something out of South America, then white people will not move,’’ said Rivers.

This ain't a black-white thing.

The people who live in any community, whether it be black, white, asian, mixed race, poor, rich, middle class, working middle class, or Ozark mountain people, need to care about that community in order to have other people care about it as well. There was only one innocent victim in this tragedy: the toddler. The rest of the people who were killed---sad and tragic though it is---played the game, rolled the dice, and took their chances. And the "community" is filled with people who either do the same themselves or see no problem allowing those who do to live amongst them.
Beat Army
Old Scratch
Professional Bike Rider

Postby Old Scratch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:49 pm

Section 40 wrote:Maybe I should have said that there doesn''t seem to be as much informatio being put out as in the Winchester case. They knew who did that right from the start and went on a worlwide manhunt for this guy. His face was splashed all over. It just seems to me that there isn't the same level of intensity with the Mattapan crime. Of course as you guys have pointed out I could be wrong. Its just my perception.

The coppers are still trying to piece this one together. Already they have the car from which the shooting was done and they've executed a search warrant at the house of one of the victims on the theory that whatever precipitated the crime happened there. We also know that the victim who is still clinging to life in the hospital admitted that he and the other victims were in Mattapan to score drugs. We know the mother who was killed was the girlfriend of the victim whose house was searched by the bacon. We know the mother who was killed was also a criminal justice student at Bunker Hill, although she had dropped out at the end of the spring semester. We know that one of the victims had been recently tossed out of his mother's house because of a "dispute" over the "rules of the house."
Beat Army
Old Scratch
Professional Bike Rider

Postby B Luc » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:54 pm

- Exactly how did the adults who got murdered "play the game, roll the dice, and took their chances"?
- This wasn't a random act of violence. They were targeted for a very specific reason, and this was a crime of passion/revenge.
- I don't get the south africa reference or the point about "white people will not move".
- 95% of the people who live in Mattapan are good people who just want to live their lives and be left alone. The problem is the other 5% are pieces of shit with little regard for life.
- It's not a question of caring for the community, it's a question of retribution for speaking out against the bullshit that happens. And feeling unsafe.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby Old Scratch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:32 pm

B Luc wrote:- Exactly how did the adults who got murdered "play the game, roll the dice, and took their chances"?

From the Herald:

Martin and Eyanna Flonory, a former criminal justice student at Bunker Hill Community College, and the tot were together Tuesday at Martin’s Sutton Street condo, the woman’s family said.

Also yesterday, sources told the Herald that within the past two weeks, Boston police found little Amani Smith wandering alone on Blue Hill Avenue.

A Herald review of court records found that Martin, Washum-Garrison and Hurd had previous run-ins with the law:

At age 17, Martin was arrested for stealing an iPod in the South End while packing a gun. He later pleaded guilty to unarmed robbery and was sentenced to three years probation.

Washum-Garrison, 22, was twice arrested for threatening the mother of his newborn daughter, and also was busted for attacking a cousin with a fork.

Hurd, who sources said did a five-year stint in state prison for cocaine possession, was to go on trial next week on domestic violence charges.

The cops right now believe this is a drug deal (weed) gone bad. If it turns out to be anything other than that, I stand corrected. But it seems to me a drug deal over weed "gone bad" isn't someone going down to the corner to pick up a dime bag and getting something with a bunch of sticks and stones; more like moving a large amount with a good chunk of cash. I'm a writer by trade. If I were writing a plausible plot line for this scenario, I'd go with dudes A try to do big pot deal with dudes B, dudes A try to pull the wool over the eyes of Dudes B, dudes A leave the scene thinking they got away with it, Dudes B realize they've been had and get totally pissed, Dudes B hunt down Dudes A, Dudes B grease Dudes A and all associated personnel (i.e., mom, toddler) in horrific fashion because they are evil and want to send a "message" to future Dudes A not to eff with them.

I'm sure the majority of people who live in Mattapan are good people who just want to live their lives and be left alone. But the problem seems to be it's fairly difficult to live in Mattapan and be left alone: this shit gets tossed on your doorstep on a daily basis. It's up to the majority of good people who live in Mattapan to take a stand and put an end to it. The cops can help, and so can outsiders, but until the people of Mattapan say "no mas," it really doesn't matter what outside forces do. This shit happens in Mattapan because the perps know they can get away with it in Mattapan. The math here is fairly simple.
Beat Army
Old Scratch
Professional Bike Rider

Postby Old Scratch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:06 pm

The Boston Globe next year will split its digital news brands into two distinct websites, keeping Boston.com free while establishing a subscription-only pay site, BostonGlobe.com, which will feature all the content produced by the newspaper's journalists, publisher Christopher M. Mayer said today.

The change, scheduled to take place during the second half of 2011, is aimed at building an audience of paid subscribers online, a strategy that newspapers across the country increasingly are moving towards. With this approach, the company also aims to maintain high traffic to Boston.com, one of the nation’s largest regional news sites and a site that generates revenue from advertising.

Boston.com will continue its focus on being a "one-stop source for all things Boston" that offers breaking news, sports, and weather, from a variety of sources, as well as classified advertising, social networking, and information about travel, restaurants and entertainment, Globe officials said. Boston.com's audience will have limited access to journalism that appears in the newspaper, but will have wide-ranging access to content the Globe’s newsroom produces throughout the day for the website.

BostonGlobe.com, designed to closely approximate the experience of reading the paper's print version, will contain all the stories and other content from the day's paper as well as exclusive reports, in-depth news, analysis, commentary, photos and graphics, plus video and interactive features.
Beat Army
Old Scratch
Professional Bike Rider

Postby Boston » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:10 pm

bump

Boston wrote:Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:27 am

Boston
Title Town

PreviousNext

Return to Misc