Politics thread

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Who should be the President of the United States?

Barack Obama
15%
Sarah Palin
5%
Tom Brady
39%
Other
41%

Total votes : 41

Re: Politics thread

Postby AY » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:02 pm

lugnutz wrote:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44143776/ns/business-personal_finance/t/stop-coddling-super-rich-warren-buffett-says/?fb_ref=.TklLOxI2_qo.like&fb_source=home_oneline

I am seriously hoping this gets lots of play. Any candidate who is against repealing the tax cuts on the wealthy, or leaving the loopholes they use to avoid paying a similar percentage that we do, is not a candidate for this countries future.

Then don't vote for Obama since he now owns those tax cuts. He had a chance to repeal them and he didn't, so they are his now. He cut taxes for the rich during an economic crisis. What a buffoon.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby midd » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:27 am

Let's assume for a moment that the small gov't sentiment wins and fed gov't spending is cut dramatically.

Next step is that state governments balloon. Services/spending aren't going anywhere, but will just be offloaded to them. They currently lack the resources and economies of scale to operate at close to efficiency, so they'll hire and overspend to bridge the gap. fed taxes may decrease/stabilize but state taxes will rise limiting any net savings to the taxpayer. and an even more onerous bureaucracy will be created.
midd
PostDemPixls

Postby MCA » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:54 am

midd wrote:I still haven't seen an explanation that tax cuts and deregulation are going to overcome and reverse the dearth of demand that's dragging the economy down. The consumer is so fucked that it doesn't matter.

most financial experts have been saying all along that once small business sees an administration that is "business friendly" or "investor friendly" rather than this one, then they'll start hiring again. Thats what it all comes down to. Enough with this tax bullshit, warren buffett bullshit, etc. If people don't get back to work nothings going to improve.

The threat of raising taxes won't get businesses to grow again. The threat of more healthcare requirements won't do it, I'm not sure what will.

But these side conversations going on here are equally as pointless as the ones going on in washington. They have nothing to do with the real issue.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby midd » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:08 am

I disagree with most of your post. Businesses are using the tax and regulatory environment as a convenient excuse to remain on the sideline. I agree that we're in trouble until people get back to work though. Unfortunately, the only institution large enough to do anything to spark job growth in the short term is the government. They're the only ones that don't demand the return of the private sector. Something like the proposed infrastructure bank is a good start.

If taxes were lowered and regulations eased tomorrow, that doesn't really move the needle on the demand side. Factories aren't going to throw open their doors, hire more and increase capacity because there's still no one to buy the stuff. They don't operate out of the goodness of their heart.
midd
PostDemPixls

Postby MCA » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:41 am

You actually don't disagree with most of my post. You only disagree with one part of it.

I'm saying they're waiting for a more business friendly administration and you're saying they're really just waiting in the wings.

We both agree that tax discussion and all the rest of it is really bullshit.
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby midd » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:47 am

tax question is somewhat relevant, as the threat of future taxes is being used as an excuse for businesses not to operate.

businesses don't need a friendly administration, they need a friendly market to sell their services/products. The former has little effect on the latter, and the latter is infinitely more important than the former to people running businesses.
midd
PostDemPixls

Postby MCA » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:59 am

Are you dizzy from your circles?

Oh and I don't care. I won't be on again today.
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:22 am

This shit has me longing for the breast feeding support group thread.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby lugnutz » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:17 pm

2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby lugnutz » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:54 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington ... titialskip

Expect it from the Dems/GOP but

Tea baggers=same old story same old song and dance!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby cool_hand » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:06 pm

Quiet now, we dont talk about this stuff. Class, race, class, race, class, race...

http://youtu.be/Klh2fS5z1rk

Must celebrate 'The One' . Must continue to live the lie.

http://youtu.be/HVMhz0tSllo
cool_hand
Serious Stoolie

Postby DC » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:29 pm

cool_hand wrote:Quiet now, we dont talk about this stuff. Class, race, class, race, class, race...

http://youtu.be/Klh2fS5z1rk

Must celebrate 'The One' . Must continue to live the lie.

http://youtu.be/HVMhz0tSllo

That video is just as stupid as the ones that would look at W mistakes .. surprised you stooped to that level
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby lugnutz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:49 pm

Talk about bad timing for having a snack.

Provincetown Magazine
Campaigning outside Pittsburgh today, GOP frontrunner Rick Perry attended a picnic at St Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in Oil City where he enjoyed a foot long corndog while touring the fabulous reproduction of Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel.
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby cool_hand » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:18 am

This thread is quiet.

So people concerned with debt, deficit, Constitutional government, and our liberties -- but do it in a loud, strong, but legal and respectful manner are “teabaggers”. But theses assholes and the assholes who support theses smelly assholes who call for revolution and demand free money for dong nothing are ‘heroic’... ‘legitimate’.. ‘good'

Got it. For every brainwashed douchebag on this thread who bitches about “teabaggers” I’ll stand with the TP, than the quasi-commie retards smelling up our city.

Tea Party = bad. Smelly, douchebag, hippies, who want revolution because they don't get free money = good. Got it.
Last edited by cool_hand on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
cool_hand
Serious Stoolie

Postby cool_hand » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:22 am

Just three years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtGrp5MbzAI

Fucking retards voting for marxists.

What we really need is a Bush, Palin, or Tea Party gaffe to get this thread going again, so the lemmings don't have to confront the fact they voted for the worst president of the 20th century, a radical tool, and a bunch of anti-Americans who spit on their own parents and grandparents into office. Yay!!!
cool_hand
Serious Stoolie

PreviousNext

Return to Misc