Politics thread

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Who should be the President of the United States?

Barack Obama
6
15%
Sarah Palin
2
5%
Tom Brady
16
39%
Other
17
41%
 
Total votes : 41

Re: Politics thread

Postby DC » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:28 pm

MCA wrote:There's just as much greed in gov't and lobbying as there is in private industry Bluc. The problem isn't regulation in this country its over-regulation.


And Bluc and DC don't entirely get my point from above. I actually don't think Republicans will push a candidate I'll ever vote for in the elction, so I'm pretty sure I'll be voting for Obama again so save me with the partisan nonsense.

Obama in 18 months alienated much of the nation to the point that even WITH catching Bin Laden his approval ratings blow. That's pretty fucking hard to do. He couldn't help himself, and its his own damn fault that the Tea Party is what it is today, and the Republicans have the control that they have.

I mean it took 18 months. Not even! To do enough for Republicans to win the mid-terms.



Couple thoughts on this:

1. Obama election win had little to do with the Dem party... it was all him.. I mean we can all remember the complaints that the media was covering him like he was the second coming....

2. in the last 64 years since truman only twice has the Presidents party gained seats in the house Clinton 1998 & W in 2002 compared to 15 times losing seats.. Its natural for tide to swing..

3. As low as his approval ratings our the latest poll that coincided with his lowest ever ratings still had him ahead slightly over a GOP canidate.. The Tea Party is Obamas biggest assest to getting reelected as they are so extreme it has put the GOP in a situation where it will be near impossible for someone to win the nomination without having to take a huge swing back to the middle for the general election where they would need independants support
Last edited by DC on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
DC
Stoolie 4 Life
 
Posts: 1840
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:59 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Politics thread

Postby B Luc » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:43 am

MCA wrote:There's just as much greed in gov't and lobbying as there is in private industry Bluc. The problem isn't regulation in this country its over-regulation.


And Bluc and DC don't entirely get my point from above. I actually don't think Republicans will push a candidate I'll ever vote for in the elction, so I'm pretty sure I'll be voting for Obama again so save me with the partisan nonsense.

Obama in 18 months alienated much of the nation to the point that even WITH catching Bin Laden his approval ratings blow. That's pretty fucking hard to do. He couldn't help himself, and its his own damn fault that the Tea Party is what it is today, and the Republicans have the control that they have.

I mean it took 18 months. Not even! To do enough for Republicans to win the mid-terms.

Oh I'm not for over regulation and I fully understand that over regulation can kill business growth.

And lets be honest, Obama being elected meant that the GOP was going to have a big win in mid terms based largely on fear of his party and on the color of his skin. And if you don't think the latter swayed a good amount of people you're insane.

Also, I wasn't making a point regarding why someone should vote for Obama come next election, Just voicing my opinion on regulation.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
User avatar
B Luc
I post a lot
 
Posts: 15337
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: In a hole with a shovel

Re: Politics thread

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:55 am

American voters elected a Chicago pol. You reap what sow.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
User avatar
rearadmiral
I post a lot
 
Posts: 11539
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:37 pm
Location: Loving cup

Re: Politics thread

Postby MCA » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:48 am

I think you guys are nuts if you don't think Obama greatly accelerated the swing back to Republican Congress by the vigor and speed in which he unilaterally was implementing policy and spending. I mean he virtually violated common policy procedure to get PPACA approved.

An entirely new Republican faction basically developed. That's a massive swing.

Bluc he won the presidency. Race card playing ended with that.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
User avatar
MCA
Alt-Tab Master
 
Posts: 4912
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:17 am
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Politics thread

Postby midd » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:20 am

Clinton in 98 and Bush in 2002 are the only two presidents in recent memory to not lose seats in the midterm elections. its hardly earth shattering what happened this time around.
User avatar
midd
PostDemPixls
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:33 am

Re: Politics thread

Postby tballa55 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:21 am

Thanks DC, i mean Midd
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
User avatar
tballa55
Title Town
 
Posts: 9783
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:03 pm

Re: Politics thread

Postby midd » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:46 pm

No idea how I missed that
User avatar
midd
PostDemPixls
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:33 am

Re: Politics thread

Postby MCA » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:52 pm

midd wrote:Clinton in 98 and Bush in 2002 are the only two presidents in recent memory to not lose seats in the midterm elections. its hardly earth shattering what happened this time around.


it is absolutely earth shattering when you consider the anti-Republican wave of momentum post Bush 2.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
User avatar
MCA
Alt-Tab Master
 
Posts: 4912
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:17 am
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Politics thread

Postby midd » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:09 pm

MCA wrote:
midd wrote:Clinton in 98 and Bush in 2002 are the only two presidents in recent memory to not lose seats in the midterm elections. its hardly earth shattering what happened this time around.


it is absolutely earth shattering when you consider the anti-Republican wave of momentum post Bush 2.



I'd be more inclined to agree if Tea Party wasn't on an island of its own. Its not like traditional republicans won back their seats, it was mostly new blood with a new ideology.
User avatar
midd
PostDemPixls
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:33 am

Re: Politics thread

Postby TeeDub » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:41 pm

TeeDub wrote:
MCA wrote:so I'm pretty sure I'll be voting for Obama again



wait, what?



wait, what?
TeeDub
Alt-Tab Master
 
Posts: 3830
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:06 am
Location: Naples, FL

Re: Politics thread

Postby MCA » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:40 pm

I see no scenario where Republican party will give me a candidate I can support.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
User avatar
MCA
Alt-Tab Master
 
Posts: 4912
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:17 am
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Politics thread

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:58 pm

I think it's the 'again' part he's talking about.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
User avatar
rearadmiral
I post a lot
 
Posts: 11539
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:37 pm
Location: Loving cup

Re: Politics thread

Postby B Luc » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:54 pm

MCA wrote:Bluc he won the presidency. Race card playing ended with that.

We'll have to agree to disagree...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/02/doug-lamborn-tar-baby-obama-apology_n_916017.html
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
User avatar
B Luc
I post a lot
 
Posts: 15337
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: In a hole with a shovel

Re: Politics thread

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:34 am

Romney used that same term and was, more or else, allowed to apologize & explain it away as a literary reference.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
User avatar
rearadmiral
I post a lot
 
Posts: 11539
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:37 pm
Location: Loving cup

Re: Politics thread

Postby midd » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:35 am

eric cantor is the worst. slightly more polished version of bachmann.

tea party in the GOP is analogous to the Dems electing 75 Bernie Sanders.
User avatar
midd
PostDemPixls
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:33 am

PreviousNext

Return to Misc

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron