Luck

TV/Movies/Music/Celebs

Luck

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Coming on HBO. First little look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8yOQJ28 ... r_embedded

Definitely looking forward to it.

Curious to hear vtex's take...does he even have HBO? Gonna guess 'no'. Unless him and the rest of the crew pitch in together for it.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Re: Luck

Postby mcm » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:20 pm

everyone throws in four bucks a month
lugnutz wrote:Our talk was brief but she seems cool.
mcm
Title Town

Postby rearadmiral » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:35 pm

Show is great. Hoffman too.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby vtexposfan » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:45 pm

HA! I do indeed have HBO (and DirecTV.) In fact, my home does not have a common area with a television, so I pay for my own television service, as does everybody else here, because I'm not inclined to coordinate the setup of a dish/receiver with somebody who might just live here for a year before moving on with life.

As for the show itself, it's fascinating. I'm caught up on the first three and have not yet watched last night's episode. I got a good chuckle out of Escalante banging the vet.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby DC » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Shame this show was cancelled yesterday while filming season 2.. 3 horse deaths will do that though.. remainder of season 1 and episodes of season 2 already shot will air.
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:12 am

Per Alan Sepinwall, the last two eps actually provide a decent measure of closure. Kind of like "Freaks and Geeks", I suppose.

I wonder if it was a show called "Beef" about the cattle industry and 3 cows died while making the first 12-15 episodes they would close up shop as well. I seriously doubt it. America has a love affair with the horse...and Europe eats them.

But yeah, I'm def gonna miss it. I love the slow-boil HBO-type shows. I don't need my weekly eps to be wrapped in a nice lil bow at the end (I wonder if Lugnutz feels the same).
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby lugnutz » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:22 am

I watched the first one, and planned on watching them all from indemand, but mostly for the cast and not the topic.

Its a PC world.
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Return to Entertainment