The Town

TV/Movies/Music/Celebs

Postby Boston » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:56 pm

tballa55 wrote:The Departed @ 4 :?:

LOL
Boston
Title Town

Postby Sim » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:00 pm

GWH and GBG are both better than The Departed.

Fact.
Sim
PostDemPixls

Postby Boston » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:01 pm

Sim wrote:GWH and GBG are both better than The Departed.

Fact.

I disagree, especially about GBG.
Boston
Title Town

Postby Sim » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:03 pm

:(
Sim
PostDemPixls

Postby Spencer Pratt » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:42 pm

GBG was really believable. The police chief moves to western Mass after retiring, because he fucked up a high profile case. He magically adopts a child that looks exactly like the girl whose face was plastered all over the news, and nobody rats him out till Casey Affleck finds him. Sure Bro.
Spencer Pratt
PostDemPixls

Postby DC » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:22 pm

like i said i enjoyed all the movies listed...

i'm not as big fan of departed as others.. thought damon was great but not so much Jack...

If he moved all the way to W. mass from boston and kept to himself why would a typical boston cop know? I mean is it normal for the rank and file to venture out there and chill with their old boss? It was like within a year wasn't it?

Besides if him and ed harris were only two in on it besides Lionel I could see that.. just thought the acting was great and it pulls you in emotionally.

The godfather was not realistic at all as mob life is much more like goodfellas and donnie brasco then the corleones.. Its still the greatest fucking movie saga ever....
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:39 pm

DC wrote:like i said i enjoyed all the movies listed...

i'm not as big fan of departed as others.. thought damon was great but not so much Jack...

If he moved all the way to W. mass from boston and kept to himself why would a typical boston cop know? I mean is it normal for the rank and file to venture out there and chill with their old boss? It was like within a year wasn't it?

Besides if him and ed harris were only two in on it besides Lionel I could see that.. just thought the acting was great and it pulls you in emotionally.

The godfather was not realistic at all as mob life is much more like goodfellas and donnie brasco then the corleones.. Its still the greatest fucking movie saga ever....

You sure about that?
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby DC » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:51 pm

I'm sure of it in that many mobsters have said this... That coppola romanticized it... There are a lot more living the life of paulie walnuts and Sonnie Black then michael... As far as directly friends from college who how should i say "have family in the business in new jersey" said much the same.. They say Donnie Brasco was the most true to life..

Now the godfather covers a greater time period and obviousely guys like Luciano and Lansky were more influential and powerful then the mob of today.. Hyman roth was based on lansky.. i mean those guys owned a damn country (cuba) lol...

think of any other mob movie.. departed, goodfellas, etc senators arent attending parties nevermind giving speeches,, the pope is not handing out medals.. The godfather takes the glamour to a whole new level...

I'm not hating on it i said its my favorite movie of all time but def romantices the life to much greater scale
Last edited by DC on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:03 pm

Oh, romanticized.

That's a wee bit different than "not realistic at all".

EDIT: Re-reading, I see what you mean.
Last edited by rearadmiral on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby DC » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:05 pm

you got me rear admiral!
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:16 pm

I think it's (book/movie) very realistic---it's just the top of the food chain so it's more grand. Much of it is rooted in real-life happenings.

I get that 98% of the guys are Lefty in real life.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby MCA » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:29 pm

mcm wrote:it could be Cinemax. I only get HBO & Cinemax so its one of those 2. Its on all the time.

It is...and I know its the boston one. but i check it every time just in case its Nicole Eggert naked.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby DC » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:31 pm

exactly!!! also the top of the food chain in todays mob have nowhere near the pull the corleones did.. but in the time period much of the godfather saga is based they did...

since i just started posting this week in movie thread what were all your thoughts on Goomorah (spelling likely off) which was released last year?

I went to many of the film locations of the godfather in 2008 while in sicily..met the old lady at bar vitelli where michael gets married to appolina.. teatro massimo opera house where mary corleone gets killed end of part 3...actually spent 2 nights in corleone where they have a cool and informative anti-mafia museum.. corleane is too modern so the filming for the movie actually accorded in savoca which is near taermorina on the east coast of the island..
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby rearadmiral » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:37 pm

I liked it but I need to see it again. Showed how that country and 'that thing of theirs' are gonna be intertwined til the assholes to the southeast of them decide to call it day for all of us.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Boston » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:09 pm

I thought Gomorrah was pretty badass, saw it when it opened at The Kendall.

I will admit, though, that I had a really tough time keeping track of who was who.

Should probably see it again.
Boston
Title Town

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment