PE - A 3-year-old Murrieta boy ended up in the hospital over the weekend after he got into his grandma’s special chocolate chip cookies while no one was looking. Little did he know, the cookies were not for kids. They were laced with a medical marijuana concentrate, police said. The grandmother, who has been diagnosed with cancer, had a doctor’s recommendation for marijuana to treat her pain and to help her sleep, Sgt. Phil Gomez said. Days before, she had baked THC oil into a batch of cookies and tucked them away in a garage refrigerator. THC is the active chemical in marijuana. Murrieta police were called out to the family’s house in the 24000 block of Cambria Lane about 10:30 a.m. Saturday, June 30, after the toddler did not wake up despite a long night’s sleep and the family realized he might have eaten the cookies. An aunt had been babysitting the boy and his younger sibling Friday while the father was out, Gomez said. When the father returned that afternoon, he noticed crumbs on the garage floor but assumed the child’s grandmother had been into the cookies. The boy was playing and seemed fine, but he fell asleep about 5 p.m., Gomez said. The family did not become alarmed until the next morning when the child was still asleep at 9:30 a.m., Gomez said. He was breathing but they couldn’t wake him up.
Hey I understand getting a cookie you didn’t want is the worst thing ever. Like when you bite into an oatmeal raisin thinking the raisins are chocolate chips or when Subway brings you a sugar cookie instead of peanut butter with your lunch box combo meal. Total meal breaker and a crime punishable by death in my book. But at the same time kids today are such unbelievable pussies. I mean it was just a little weed dude. Grows in the ground and the soil just like the wheat and grains used to make your precious cookies. Just take the THC to the face and sit there watching Dora the Explora high as fuck with a plate full of pizza rolls and bag of Cheetos. Stop falling asleep for 18 hours like a square. Guarantee the games on your Leapfrog are going to be a whole lot more intense and the colors in your coloring book are going to pop like a motherfucker. Just sit back and enjoy the buzz. Lot worse things have happened than inhaling a little bit of Grandma’s cancer grass in cookie form.